Imagine if Ruger actually sold an LCR in a 357 caliber!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

enrico

Bearcat
Just kidding.. but it's the same for me! If have been patently waiting for several dealers on-line and local to have a 357 for sale for 8-12 weeks :evil: They all say back orders are taken but they do not know when they will be available and Ruger told me to check with your local dealer…what an good idea.. duh ! Are the 357 that high on the want list or are they having manufacturing problems, who knows the real story :roll:
So, what are my second choices…S&W, Taurus, Charter??

Venting, thanks!

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Your first choice should be the Ruger SP-101.
A little tank of a gun with the 357mag power you want. Fanciness optional. :D :D

SP-101engraved.jpg

...Jimbo

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
Just my opinion, of course, but I've fired the LCR .357, and it was not much fun. I know that it was not meant to be a range gun by any means, but follow-up shots are incredibly difficult unless you intend to practice a lot. I'm not recoil-sensitive, and it was annoying me after a couple of cylinders.

I bought a 2.25" SP101 DAO a few weeks ago, and it is 100% better. It only weighs 8 oz. more than the LCR .357, so it's not that bad.

Again, just my opinion, but I think you'd enjoy the SP101 more than the LCR .357.

enrico

Bearcat
Hi guys,

Thanks for your input! SP 101 is a nice piece for sure, period!
The basics that I am after are weight, around 17 oz any less to much recoil, more to heavy, enclosed hammer and black (or blued) it's for a CCW use. That's why the LCR 357 is appealing it has a good spec! Ruger :evil: .....it's a wet dream!

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
I have a sp101 and the hotter 357 loads are a handful in it. I wouldn't even try them in a polymer framed lcr. The 38+p are great in the sp. I think the sp101 is a perfect little gun. I bought mine and let the wife shoot it and she liked it so much she went and got one for herself. I even got a cross draw holster for mine.