If you could only have 1 Ruger Single Action?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mag-force

Single-Sixer
I have several singles that i enjoy. But my 44 7 1/2 SBH that was my first has to be my first choice.

Slenk

Single-Sixer
LuckenbachTexas said:
What would it be?

I'd likely choose the SS Blackhawk 5.5" 44 Mag with a good set of non-ruger grips.

that would be my pick also.

Here is the background on that one BPJ. Started life as an old model 357 Type 1 flat top. It was sent to Hamilton Bowen once Ron Powers started making #5 grip frames. This is the first gun made with one of Ron's old model #5 frames. I wanted it to me a tribute to Elmer Keith's #5 only with my own twist. Thus the octagon barrel and the dual cylinders in 41 Mag and 41 Special. The ivory grips are by Paul Persinger and the carving is taken from a photograph of one of my Scottish Highlander cattle. Hamilton finally agreed to do the #5 base pin latch after I kept whining about it and he did the main gun in rust blue with nitre blue on the latch and screws. This gun and the first Ruger #5 new model Hamilton did both went to John Taffin before either of us owners saw the guns and he wrote them up in American Handgunner a couple of years ago.

newrugersafan

Single-Sixer
44s002_zpsa7a28fdd.jpg

Probably the 71/2" flattop middle gun on left

Put

Single-Sixer
Because it is Ruger Single action and only one, it would have to be a Blackhawk 357 convertible. But there would have to be a couple of USFA SAA in 45 colt and 44-40 plus a Freedom Arms in
454 and 22 lr.

I don't play right.

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
Robb Barnes said:
Here is the background on that one BPJ. Started life as an old model 357 Type 1 flat top. It was sent to Hamilton Bowen once Ron Powers started making #5 grip frames. This is the first gun made with one of Ron's old model #5 frames. I wanted it to me a tribute to Elmer Keith's #5 only with my own twist. Thus the octagon barrel and the dual cylinders in 41 Mag and 41 Special. The ivory grips are by Paul Persinger and the carving is taken from a photograph of one of my Scottish Highlander cattle. Hamilton finally agreed to do the #5 base pin latch after I kept whining about it and he did the main gun in rust blue with nitre blue on the latch and screws. This gun and the first Ruger #5 new model Hamilton did both went to John Taffin before either of us owners saw the guns and he wrote them up in American Handgunner a couple of years ago.

I really like that one and currently have an OM 41 #5 being built. My NM #5 FT 44 special (that I said would be my "one" sticking to the topic) was the first #5 gun built with one of Ron's grip frames. It would be the gun I would keep if only one was allowed for two reasons. One because it is a fantastic firearm and two because Ron Power built it for me.

Dan

Latest posts