If you bought a 22LR LCR, are you happy with it?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Are you happy with your 22 LR LCR?

• Love it

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Worst decision since getting that mullet back in '91

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Don't like it

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Won't extract properly

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Like it

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Trigger is too heavy

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

donut757

Blackhawk
i have had mine since last summer. its a fun cheap gun to shoot and can be relatively accurate. I dont shoot as often as i like becuase i have to drive about an hour and refuse to use the overpriced indoor ranges here, but when i do go out to set/check trail cameras or shoot the LCR 22 is always with me. I have started shooting it a little bit better as of late.

As for the extraction issue, its really not a problem. Last time i shot it i put a few hundred rounds through it and had two cases stick but were easily taken out. The cylinders were very dirty and them sticking is understandable. A quick brush through them and no more problems.

The trigger pull on mine is heavier than my 38 which is to be expected, but its not bad at all once you learn the trigger pull.

Cant go wrong with the LCR 22 in my opinion.

eveled

Hawkeye
I don't have an LCR, but I still miss my mullet. The back of my neck has been cold for almost 20 years now. ED

Bob R

Single-Sixer
After running a few bricks through mine, my shooting skills with my 442 has really improved. My LCR 22 is the best money I have spent to improve my J Frame concealed carry gun skills.
My brother also owns one, and loves his also.

You can also practice your center fire reloading skills using Quick Strips. The LCR 22 can be loaded using the Tuff Products model 1022 quick strip. This strip is designed to hold 10 rounds of 22 ammunition. You load it with 7 rounds in pairs, skipping a shell between the pairs for cylinder clearance. I can reload 7 rounds in the LCR 22 and index the cylinder on the empty chamber quicker than I can reload 5 with Quick Strips loading my 38.

The LCR 22 is a great practice/training revolver. It is cheap to train with.
The trigger pull is normally better than most J Frame size revolvers. It is also a couple hundred cheaper than the S&W 43C, and also has a steel cylinder.
I have no complaints with mine.

Bob

cnj

Bearcat
I like shooting my LCR22lr "just fine", but enjoy my SP101-22lr and Taurus M94 MUCH more. More accurate (as they should be with the longer barrels), and I have the option of using single action.

indycoltsfan027

Bearcat
Got my 22 LR LCR to teach wife how to shoot. She NEVER has before. Trigger is long but it is to be expected but she loves it. Very comfortable grip...low recoil of course and We ran 200 rounds out of it and never had a casing "stick" that wasn't able to be ejected. I really like it .. fun and cheap to shoot.

HiVel

Bearcat
I bought a 38 LCR which kept unscrewing itself -so I sold it and got a 357LCR -nice gun! Then I got a 22LR LCR and do like it a lot. It is very accurate and easy for me to shoot fairly long distances 15-20 yds for a snubby let alone a 22. I would have bought a 22 mag also but already have a S&W 22 Mag snubby that was tooo expensive but is a nice gun and works well. I may stil get a Ruger 22 Mag if somewone wants my Smith bad enough.
I also have a 22 lr SP101 4" Ruger -really hard trigger but it works good in SA.

g17

Bearcat
I've been wanting a 22 snub for some time and recently ended up buying a lcr. I've only shot Federal bulk through it but I'm impressed. I have a couple of S&W 642's so I used them for trigger pull comparison and I'd say the Ruger's trigger is at least comparable. I did consider a s&w 43c since its similar to the 642 but after reading mixed reviews of lead splatter, a $200 higher price tag, etc, the LCR was a no brainer for me and after comparing, even if the same price, I'd still pick the LCR. The trigger pull is a little heavy but smooth and easy to adjust to. I've only used it for plinking but it's plenty accurate for what it is.

Glen e

Bearcat
I sense you are looking for something other than love it/like it but not from me. I have 38 and 22 LCR's and they are both keepers for me. I think my 22 shoots low but I compensate and get good accuracy...

ghb5107d

Bearcat
I am very disappointed. I bought this gun to practice shooting and my intent was to upgrade to a 38. Now I don't know. I first found I was shooting low. Ruger had me send the gun in and returned it with a used target and a statement saying that they fired it from a bench rest and it was within factory standards. I am now convinced that due to the hard trigger pull I am pulling the muzzle down. Next, the only ammo I could find after firing up my Remington Thunderbolts was CCI minmag HP. When I fire them the extractor will not remove them from the gun without excessive force. I contacted both Ruger and CCI about this problem. Ruger Tech told me he guesses my gun just doesn't like mini-mags. The tech from CCi guessed, without me telling him, that I had a Ruger LCR. With the current shortage of ammo the only alternate ammo I could find was CCI blazers. The CCI tech told me to not be surprised if I have the same problem with them. I cleaned the gun thouroughly as suggested on this forum and had the problem on the first cylinder of mini-mags I fired. I have not given up totally yet but I am approaching that point. :(

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
Glen e said:
I sense you are looking for something other than love it/like it but not from me.
You could not be more wrong. I just want to see what people think before I spend $4-500 on a 22 revolver. I have a 357 LCR and love it. But there are a number of reports of issues with the 22lr version. I just want to see if they are the exception to the rule.

Thanks for everyone's participation.

paul s

Bearcat
Gave one to the wife for x-mas 2011, she likes it. She has a S&W 442 .38 that go's where she go's so the LCR is a great practice peice and she has become very good with a DA snubbie!

ghb5107d

Bearcat
My extractor problem is gone. I sent the gun to Ruger after talking to one of their techs who told me he had fired many CCi mini-mags through an LCR 22 with no problem. They returned the gun with a new cylinder, extractor and D-bushing. It works great now. They have great customer service. I highly recommend this revolver. I want to practice with it and eventually get the same model in 38 spedial.

exlogger

Single-Sixer
I purchased my 22 LCR in December. Sent it back with 3 defects. Ruger said it was unrepairable. They sent me a new one (took about a month). My new replacement showed up with 2 defects. Sent that one off, and again, "unrepairable". They wanted to send me a third. At this point I was pretty frustrated so I took a shot in the dark (no pun intended) and asked for an SP101. They agreed at no additional charge :) . It's been about a month since I sent in my replacement. I'm hoping the new SP will arrive next week some time.

Frustrating experience, but I do appreciate how Ruger handled it. With my confidence lost in the LCR, and Ruger letting me choose another, I'm convinced they are not short on integrity and that they still value every customer.

I'm not saying all 22 LCRs will be like this. I just happened to get two lemons and did not want to continue with this line.