I want an LCRx in 22LR with a 2" barrel. Anyone else?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Timbo23

Plinker and accumulator
I have an LCR in 22LR 2 inch but I want one with a hammer (LCRx). They make a 4 inch 22LR LCRx and one in 22 WMR in 2 inch but not a 22 LR.
Would anyone else want one? Or am a lone wolf in this regard?

hittman

Staff member
I guess to me that 1 inch doesn't make a difference. I carry a 2 inch 38 Special and figure if I got a 3 inch 22 I'd probably try it in the same holster just to see how it works out.

hittman

Staff member
Ruger makes ( or made? ) the SP101 in 4 inch 22LR. But, if you can stand something that heavy, you may want to look at a K Frame S&W too. The SP series never captured my attention much and I had a few over the years.

The S&W Model 34 is a dandy 4 inch J Frame too, I've got a round butt wearing a Tyler T grip thats a great little shooter.

I have an LCR in 22LR 2 inch but I want one with a hammer (LCRx). They make a 4 inch 22LR LCRx and one in 22 WMR in 2 inch but not a 22 LR.
Would anyone else want one? Or am a lone wolf in this regard?
I would love to have one as well.
20231105_011629.jpg

Timbo23

Plinker and accumulator
Thanks for the alternate suggestions but I have plenty of other 22 LR revolvers to fill my NEEDS but I WANT an 2 inch LCRx in 22LR. I like the light weight and compactness of the LCR design but want one with a hammer. I was trying to see if I would be the only one to buy it.

Ruger has made a 2 inch LCRx in 357, 38 Spl, 9mm, 327 Fed, and 22 Mag but not 22LR. Why Ruger, why?

Many years back when my Daughter worked night shift in a hospital 40 miles from home and some odd hours at the Sheriff's dept as dispatcher, I bought her a 2" 22lr revolver because that's what she wanted. From that disappointment, I will honestly say the 2" 22 revolver (regardless of maker) is a very questionable platform except to 'just have one' or as an interesting conversation piece.

I shoot my LCR .22lr for trigger control training. If you can control a DA 14lb trigger the typical 4-6lb SA/striker fired pistol is a piece of cake. Why the need for the SA feature. It is hardly going to be a target handgun for shooting small groups or hunting small game. And if it is for training for a centerfire self defense revolver you need to train DA only anyway. I have no problem staging the DA trigger. I can shoot it well at 25 yards by staging the trigger. I will be off to the range in a couple of hours and I always shoot 100+ rounds of .22 before shooting centerfire handguns. Today it will be the LCR .22 :)

Timbo, forget my sage advice, you want what you want. Check out Taurus. They make a 2" DA/SA .22lr revolver. Some folks like the Taurus revolvers for the money; others don't. I didn't. You might find an old Smith or maybe an old Ruger with a 2" barrel and exposed hammer on GB, but I suspect they are rare and pricy.

RGRacing

Bearcat
I'm all in on a LCRx 22LR - My wife's LCR 22WMR is just too much for her 75yo hands to enjoy - She has qualified CCW the last two times with her Bearcat - Would love something a little more practical for her.

Many years back when my Daughter worked night shift in a hospital 40 miles from home and some odd hours at the Sheriff's dept as dispatcher, I bought her a 2" 22lr revolver because that's what she wanted. From that disappointment, I will honestly say the 2" 22 revolver (regardless of maker) is a very questionable platform except to 'just have one' or as an interesting conversation piece.
I personally would not underestimate the capability of the 22lr. I have read before that more people are killed by 22lr than any other caliber. Don't know it that's true. I would never carry one for my defense unless I didn't have more options but if it was all I had I surely would. By the way, I do have other options.
20221206_044352.jpg
20221112_112308.jpg

Last edited:

Timbo23

Plinker and accumulator
Again, thanks for all the advice and alternate recommendations, but I'm covered for 22LR revolvers. I have S&W models 63 4", 18, and a 617 4" plus a Ruger Mk II, SP101 2", three Single Sixes of various barrel lengths, and the LCR 2" that I mentioned in the opening post.
Additionally, have two 10/22s, a Marlin 60 and a Marlin 1897 (a model 39 lever gun with an octagon barrel for the cowboy crowd).
But I want a 2" LCRx in 22LR too.
For those decrying the 22LR's stopping power, I would also buy an LCRx in 40 S&W if they made one. Don't laugh, the charge holes would only need to be 1mm larger and maybe with a beefier cylinder, but I'm not a metallurgist nor a gun designer, nor to I play one on TV. So, my brainstorming is worth what you paid for it.
Cheers all!

codebreaker

Single-Sixer
If you have already asked Ruger to make one, you might send an email to Lipseys asking the same. They get some neat stuff made.

I personally would not underestimate the capability of the 22lr. I have read before that more people are killed by 22lr than any other caliber. Don't know it that's true. I would never carry one for my defense unless I didn't have more options but if it was all I had I surely would. By the way, I do have other options.View attachment 32776View attachment 32777
Hi my name is Sharpblade and I can quit buying Glocks anytime I really want to :)

Well I will be 78 next week and I have sufficient self control to have only 5 Glocks :cool: Ok, Ok I want to make it to our 56 anniversary on Dec 30th. Another Glock won't help. But she doesn't know about the new 42. Fortunately all Glocks look alike to the non-Glockophiles.