I love northern Wyoming!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

noahmercy

Single-Sixer
35 degrees, blowing, and snowing to beat the band at my place, and that's down in the "flatlands"...it's UGLY on top!

Attachments

• IMG_1863.MOV
    13 MB
  • US14AntelopeButteSouth.jpg
    US14AntelopeButteSouth.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 41

turd

Blackhawk
Well, we have plenty of the blowing, but no moisture. Really drying things out, and darn tired of 15 to 20 MPH winds day after day after day. Hopefully it will warm up quickly out there and melt the snow. April snowstorms bring May flowers!

noahmercy

Single-Sixer
Well, we have plenty of the blowing, but no moisture. Really drying things out, and darn tired of 15 to 20 MPH winds day after day after day. Hopefully it will warm up quickly out there and melt the snow. April snowstorms bring May flowers!
Ugh. Praying for you guys to get some of this wet stuff. Hate to see you have a bad fire season!

mistermills357

Blackhawk
Its hotter than blazes here in Saint Petersburg, the temp is 85F with 73% humidity. I’m going to go downtown this evening and go into Tampa Bay.

I miss snowy weather and cool rain, but I get your point. It’s late in the season for snow.

mistermills357

Blackhawk
If only that worked. My property taxes jumped 30% this year thanks to all the left-coasters moving to the area and buying houses at above market prices!
There is a madness going on in Florida with real estate prices and property taxes. The American Dream of owning your own home around here is dead.

PS: I have passed through Wyoming a few times, and it looks great. I sort of remember Green River, but it’s been a long time. And I was on the Interstate, so I didnt get a very good look at things, but I liked what I saw.

Magnificent. I figured that the Green River area was great, so I looked up some shots.
OK, I’m done.

Last edited:

noahmercy

Single-Sixer
There is a madness going on in Florida with real estate prices and property taxes. The American Dream of owning your own home around here is dead.

PS: I have passed through Wyoming a few times, and it looks great. I sort of remember Green River, but it’s been a long time. And I was on the Interstate, so I didnt get a very good look at things, but I liked what I saw.

Magnificent. I figured that the Green River area was great, so I looked up some shots.
OK, I’m done.
Its hotter than blazes here in Saint Petersburg, the temp is 85F with 73% humidity. I’m going to go downtown this evening and go into Tampa Bay.

I miss snowy weather and cool rain, but I get your point. It’s late in the season for snow.

I was actually born in Oldsmar, and spent three decades in Florida (mostly the Tampa Bay area) before moving out here. If you drove across Wyoming on I80, you went through the least scenic part of the state, yet it still has some magnificent views! If you ever make it out this way again, give me a heads-up; love to recommend some epic drives, cool sites, and decent places for vittles. Heck, the wife and I could meet up with ya' and buy you a beer (or root beer if you don't do the alcohol thing) and shoot the breeze. Oh, and if it makes you feel any better, we'll likely be hotter than you by the end of next week, and "affordable housing" here is code for $350K ("low income" is a $275K manufactured home duplex)! 😉

wolfsong

Staff member
If only that worked. My property taxes jumped 30% this year thanks to all the left-coasters moving to the area and buying houses at above market prices!

Oh, the audacity of Americans moving freely around America!

Maybe if the Wyoming homeowners weren't so greedy and insisted on selling their homes strictly at market price, your property taxes wouldn't be skyrocketing.
But, no, silly me, it's got to be California's fault. Again. Always. SMH...

I know you Californians secretly love to take the blame for the real estate boom; but you know such places as Franklin, TN or Mercer Island outside of Seattle; just to name a few, have more expensive zip codes…. smh…. :)

Heck, try moving to Santa Fe, NM…

Mobuck

Hawkeye
Son ended up going through MONTANA to get past Wyoming last week. I think he's returning by way of Idaho and Utah. Wyoming is NOT the place to be lately.

Montelores

Buckeye
Whatever your opinion on California, it’s an amazing state.

They must have really messed it up big-time, to have so many people, rich and poor, fleeing for other states.

Monty

noahmercy

Single-Sixer
Oh, the audacity of Americans moving freely around America!

Maybe if the Wyoming homeowners weren't so greedy and insisted on selling their homes strictly at market price, your property taxes wouldn't be skyrocketing.

Hmm, could've sworn I wrote "left-coaster", not "Californians". I guess I was under the mistaken impression that there was more than one state over there. Oh, and just for giggles, try looking up the latest news from Portugal about the influx of folks from America. Good reading. 😉

wolfsong

Staff member
Yes, you did say "left-coasters" (when replying to Colonial Girl's post regarding Californians). But that's semantics. The other side of the equation remains...😜

Latest posts