I didn't see Wiley E. Coyote

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Out walking last Saturday, and after walking up this long hill, sat down on an electrical box at the side of the street and drank some water. My dog started looking at the bank behind me real intently, so after a moment I turned around and there was a roadrunner about 3-4 feet behind me looking at me, probably wondering if I was edible. When I turned around he retreated and went up the embankment behind me and then I saw the other one, standing on a rock outcrop watching. By the time I got the camera out the first one was up on the rocks, but I got this picture:
409892622.jpg

I got up and left and they just stayed there watching till I was gone, then they went on about their business. Neat birds, but their only drawback is they're death on Quail babies in the spring when they come off the nest. There's plenty of coyotes in the area, so I imagine they have some fun with them at times.
Same day I got this picture of a raven perched on top of a house probably looking for food.
409892623.jpg

HH

When I was last at Ft Bliss I used to go out into the desert each Sunday, with a six-pack and a camera, and watch and photograph the roadrunners and all the other 'wild life' I saw. Those birds can run like the wind and catch lizards in a heartbeat. I never saw one fly, though I know they can.

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
Couple days before I took these pictures a roadrunner ran across the road in front of me with a lizard in his beak, headed for a bush to hole up in and eat his morsel. Didn't slow down enough to get a pic of him, but he was less then 10 feet in front of me. They fly once in a while, but only for short distances, until they can get in cover or enough distance between them and whatever spooked them to then outrun it.
HH

stevemb

Hunter
Meep ! Meep ! Always sounded more like meep than beep to me, in the cartoon.