How to store guns in safe

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rivren

Bearcat
I have a small 1.2cubic ft safe and about 5 ruger 22s Obviously, I can't fit the boxes in. What is the best way to store them in the safe -racks/etc. I usually use the guns once a week or so.

Simple solution, get a bigger safe just don't have the room etc. I live in a small apartment.

Thanks so much for the help!

Riv

NMCB3

Bearcat
Years ago I lived in an apartment and had a small safe as you describe. I just wrapped them in towels then, but now I`d probably put them in a gun sack.

I hope your little safe is bolted down.

The Happy Kaboomer

Single-Sixer
Old socks work great. I store alot of mine this way. You can stack "em" and rack "em". They won't get hurt this way. Plus the socks breathe most rugs don't.

Bullseye57

Single-Sixer
You can order a foam style pistol rack for the inside of your safe from places like Midway USA.http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=870529
870529.jpg

Get a vinyl coated rack like this one for $20 http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=953075
953075.jpg

Or, go down to the local Walmart and pick up a plastic coated dish rack for around $3-$4 each in the housewares dept for storing your pistols vertically inside your safe.
31o6o%2B98qpL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Any one of these products will serve your needs.

R,
Bullseye

rivren

Bearcat
Thanks Bullseye - got the rack from Midway which should work nicely. I appreciate the time.

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
I have a larger safe, but I like the vinyl rack on the top shelf for my pistols and revolvers.

CajunBass

Single-Sixer
The Happy Kaboomer":37uuqc5i said:
Old socks work great. I store alot of mine this way. You can stack "em" and rack "em". They won't get hurt this way. Plus the socks breathe most rugs don't.

I thought I was the only person who did this. :wink: Works just fine.