How is your area on reloading supplies?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Vecco

Single-Sixer
I stocked up heavly after the last time. I have not been looking, how is the supply for primers, powder and bullets in your area?

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
I stocked up after the last fiasco. So not hurting at the moment. Haven't really looked for primers. Only have one brick of LR primers, but I don't reload a lot of rifle ammo. Powder & bullets seems to be plentiful. Large game ammo (.243, .270, 30-06, 308, etc) is very plentiful in my area.

Almost no primers. I was in a shop today that had some powder still at reasonable prices. That place was selling bullets at double the price I can order them for including shipping. Bass Pro Shop in Columbia MO had a limit of 2K primers posted but only had 300 CCI 209 shotshell primers on the shelf-no rifle/pistol primers. I had a powder & primer order placed for about 3 weeks with an online seller and then they called to tell me they were dropping the small rifle primers from the order. Apparently, they just gave up on getting any more and were trying to fill the powder orders while they still could.

My lgs had 2 cartons of 1000 large rifle a few days ago. I already had about 700, but went ahead and picked up another 1000. $25 and change.

Will be at the gun show in East Peoria tomorrow and will get some more large pisto magnum primers if available and fairly reasonable

Double B

Bearcat
Picked up 2k small pistol magnum primers @ $29/1000. I found them on clearance right next to the spot where spp should have been. A little load adjustment and I'm Good. Like previously stated improvise and make it work. How many people passed on them looking for spp's? Looked through my loading manuals and found plenty of good data. Improvise and adapt.

jeffnles1

Blackhawk
I'm set for about 6-7 months on normal shooting, maybe a bit longer if I'm wise about what I load and shoot. If this goes on longer, then I'm in trouble.

No primers to be found, powder is pretty much dried up. some loaded ammo from time to time. .22LR is totally out of stock everywhere. (why are people hoarding .22LR? Even if folks are concerned about an ammo ban, .22LR is pretty low on the ban list I would think).

Jeff

Rclark

Hunter
Not good if I was needing something badly. Haven't see a large or small pistol primer yet on the shelf. Powders are few and are ones that I don't use :roll: .

But I am good for a good couple of years. Cast Bullets aren't a problem as they can be ordered at any time.

Good for a good year of shooting .22 too. After that we'll see.

But for the next four years that we'll be seeing the anti-gun establishment trying to get there way? Probably not.

welder

Buckeye
Lg rifle primers a plenty, lg pistol some. Zero sm pistol/rifle. Powder scarce, especially the moderate pistol and H335, Varget type stuff. I am not looking as I stocked up after the last panic and have actually been selling a bit to good friends and a couple co-workers. Sold a bit of ammo too.

guidedfishing

Single-Sixer
Rifle ammo, except for .223 and 7.62X39 is plentiful, Rifle powder and bullets is around but not stacked 3 deep on the shelf. Large pistol primers availability is slim, small pistol primers, nothing. Pistol powder well you may need to be will to experiment with some new loads most of the common stuff is out. Occasionally you will find some .22, 9mm, .45 on the shelf at the local retailers. Fleet Farm seems a little better than the local Wal-mart for being able to keep anything on the shelf. I see the local Wal-mart has went to a 3 box max purchase on any ammo. Does not matter if its 20rds or 100rds, 3 boxes that's it.

sitting on zip for small primer pistol reloading, but pretty good on loaded 9mm ammo. Some capacity to load .45 and sitting ok on loaded. No issues on the rifle side good shape there loaded and components.

Could probably make the summer even if I burned my typical amount of ammo. Once I get to a certain level I will not shoot what I can't replace. Will be a lot of dry fire drills..

good luck GF

RUFFBIRD

Blackhawk
My gun shop had a couple thousand each of small & large, rifle & pistol primers....
I added 1000 SP standard primers to my little stash. I have about 8000 small & 5000 large pistol primers, & lots of different kinds of cast bullets to send me into retirement next yr.... :D

Hopefully you guys in the US leave some for us worried Canucks when we run out! :lol:

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
Drove the wife to the city (she doesn't like to drive in big cities) to get a few things. Stopped at a local gun shop on the way home. By the look of all the vehicles out front they were busy. Picked up a brick each of large rifle and large pistol primers... $29.95 per 1K. They had 4 or 5 bricks of small pistol and rifle primers. As well as 2-3 bricks of rifle and pistol magnum primers. Plenty of powder. But bullets from Hornady, Speer, Sierra were in short supply. However, they had plenty of cast lead bullets. $13 per hundred for 230 gr. .45's. Brass in the popular handgun calibers was in supply. Common rifle cartridge (30-06, 270, 308, 243, 22-250, etc) brass was available.

427mach1

Blackhawk
Funny thing... I went to the local Bass Pro last weekend "just to see"...... and pick up any supplies they might happen to have. Lo and behold, on the shelf were two bags of unprimed Remington brass in 41 mag - just what I was looking for. I guess it pays to have a handgun of somewhat oddball caliber! I also picked up 100 Winchester LP primers while I was at it. I should add that they didn't have much else on the shelf, behind the counter, in the display case, or anywhere else for that matter!

Latest posts