Is the SR9 as accurate as the SR9?

• As accurate as the SR9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less accurate as he SR9

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
All things being unequal :D ,an SR9 should be more accurate than an SR9c, the barrel is longer, so the slide is longer and that makes the length between the sights longer.
You would have to be a fairly damn good shot to show a 4.15" barreled pistol being more accurate than a 3.5", most will shoot them about the same.

K_Mac

Bearcat
fossils and guns said:
How accurate is the SR9C?

I've been considering getting on, but that 3.5in barrel worries me. I love my SR9

I have not shot the SR9, but my 9c is more accurate in my hands than the S&W MP 9c and the Glock 26. It just fits my hand better. I am an average shot with a handgun at this point, so how I shoot with a gun is more about my lack of skills than the accuracy of the gun in most cases.

Watch Hickok45's video as he reviews the 9c. It is speaks louder than words about its accuracy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hickok45

kscott

Single-Sixer
Gotta agree with Cheese; most shooters will shoot them similarly, assuming they have a good hold on the short grip or they use the extended grip. I actually shot my SR9c better than my SR9 which I attribute to the better trigger in my SR9c than my older SR9. If your SR9 is the older one with round mag release, I think you'll be even more pleasantly surprised with the new SR9c.

Lateck

Single-Sixer
I can't compare the SR9 to the "c" as I only own a "c".
I will compare it to my SIG P229R. (In 9mm)
The SR9c wins, In MY hands!!!! :shock:

Not Scientific by any means.....

Lateck,

labhound

Bearcat
I wouldn't be too concerned with the 3.5" barrel length of the SR9c. I owned an SR9 (really liked the gun) but sold it when I bought a Stoeger Cougar 8000 F 9mm with a 3.6" barrel that I shot more accurately than I did the SR9. The grip of the Stoeger was a much better fit for me than the SR9. I'd be more concerned about how the grip of the SR9c fit your hand than I would its barrel length.

81aggie

Bearcat
I own both guns and find the SR9c to be just as accurate in my hands as its big brother. Both guns fit me well, and my hands are small enough that I can actually get a 2 and 1/2 finger grip on the SR9c, that is I can get part of my pinky on the grip even without the mag extension. I've gotten comfortable enough with it that it is my main carry pistol.

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
I have both and I don't know why but I'm a little better with the C than the fullsize. It maybe I concentrate a little harder on aming the C I'm not sure well I guess it's back to the range for a little more testing. :D

fossils and guns

Single-Sixer
I was very, very close to buying a SR9c today... But I went with a Springfield Armory Mil Spec 1911 instead (got a great trade in on a Hungarian AK!) :).
I really like the SR9c, and I will definitely be getting one very soon.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Tam 212 said:
lol
Self thread-jacking!

Congrats!

Good point Tam ... I didn't realize it at first !! LOL :D

I can't resist asking for a pic of a new 1911 .... sorry about that !

REV

kscott

Single-Sixer
The SA Mil Spec is on my short list too. It seems like a lot of things have been recently, but I haven't been able to do much about it. :wink:

revhigh

Hawkeye
The SA MilSpec is the model that I always recommend when a person wants to get into 1911's. I can't think of a better starter 1911.

REV

fossils and guns

Single-Sixer
lol about jacking my own thread... I'm pretty excited though! I've never had a 1911, so many people told me to get a Colt but I am extremely pleased with what I bought.
Thanks for the praise on my buy, I chose it over the GI because of the ejection port and stainless barrel. I actually think the old school sights are pretty cool on the GI, but I'm sure I'll be a lot more accurate with the Mil Spec.

fossils and guns

Single-Sixer
So, back to the thread... :lol:

I have decided to get the SR9c this weekend, I have another AK I'm going to trade, and a local shop has them new for $395.

Latest posts