How about this ROA

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lark63

Single-Sixer
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=245983416

I really can't put words to this poor animal

Unconverted

Single-Sixer
... or a persistent optimist could say it has an antiqued finish.

I wouldn't be surprised if the auction winner sends it back to the factory for complete reconditioning though. Anybody see the work Ruger did on the lady's SS Single Six that had been lost in the woods for 8 years of snowy winters? 8)

caryc

Hawkeye
Stoots said:
As a huge fan of the ROA, that hurts.

Was it painted? What is that finish?

:roll:

It might sooth you to know that I purchased a ROA that was pitted from non cleaning. Not quite as bad as that one, but with some elbow grease, sandpaper and a bench buffer, it became all pretty again. :lol:

roashooter

Single-Sixer
after taking a look at the ptting on the ROA....I wonder to myself...if this Ruger started life out as a standard blue model....which neglected would have the pitting seen in the pics......and the suspect dark areas on the frame around the hammer...may be the remnants of the blue...

c.robertson

Bearcat
I made the mistake of purchasing a ROA that 'looked' a whole lot better than that in the Gun Broker photos for $290.00. The nipples were different size flash holes (powder flash in the face) and 3 were frozen in the cylinder. The barrel was badly pitted also. It was rough, but not nearly so as the one leading this topic. HOWEVER, Ruger replaced the cylinder with all new and now I have what I consider a $350.00 ROA with a total cost of $350.00. NO DEAL.

Then at a gun show I purchased an UNFIRED stainless ROA for $400.00.

My advise, pay more money for new or as new and do not risk your bucks on the ROA leading into this thread. You gonna regret it if you do.

edlmann

Blackhawk
roashooter said:
after taking a look at the ptting on the ROA....I wonder to myself...if this Ruger started life out as a standard blue model....which neglected would have the pitting seen in the pics......and the suspect dark areas on the frame around the hammer...may be the remnants of the blue...

I was thinking the same thing myself. Note the back of the recoil shield and even on the grip frame.

Seller says Ruger told him it was a stainless. I'm not so sure.

I have a BP-7 "project" I bought a year or two ago I've never gotten around to that's less rough than that one - and I paid $220 IIRC.

ETA: Serial number looks like it fits in the range for a 1978 KBP-7. Still looks like the dog's breakfast.

Rob21sf

Bearcat
Very sad to see firearms not being taken care off! I would not buy it at that price either!

Jaymo

Bearcat
Looks like it was cleaned and lubed wit battery acid.
Looks like the front sight insert was removed with a jackhammer.
Ouch.
Someone bought it. Sure hope they take better care of it.

Donaldjr1969

Blackhawk
Hey, they have "handyman's specials" when it comes to homes that need fixing. So why not call this a handyman's special gun? ;) :p