How about some revolvers with character?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Here's my candidate for character. I bought this gun about 10 yrs. ago for a song. Someone had conveniently loped the barrel to 5 1/2 ", added a SBH brass grip frame and hammer/trigger assembly, and gave it a slick action job. I figured this was my chance to own a 3 screw FT. It shoots like a dream, and is still my only original Ruger 3 screw FT.
I added the home made elk stocks myself. They're not perfect, but neither am I. It was my first try at stock making, so I'll leave them on. :lol:

FT002.jpg

FT001.jpg

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
That 1888 Winchester is pretty special. Not that the others aren't.

Here's my only piece with real "character". It's a NYSP-marked S&W 28-2 that I paid too much for, but is now worth even more than that:

M28-2.jpg

This old girl has an incredible trigger, just like you'd think for a Smith of this vintage. Pinned & recessed, of course.

Sorry for the glare in the photo, I was having a heck of a time with my lighting, keeping a certain small black cat out of the frame, creating shadows, etc.

-- Sam

Three50seven

Buckeye
Picked up this K38 5-screw at a gunshow for a song awhile back. She was originally nickel, then re-nickeled, and I just recently coated it with Wheeler cerama-coat. I'll post some pics of that in another thread.

100_0480-1.jpg

Neat "esmit" and Grandaddy Barlow. I like .32-20s AND Case knives; just got a "Coke Bottle Jack" with a single 5" blade. But my favorite is the Case Texas Toothpick; the Medium is a great all around pocket knife for a fisherman and hiker; the Large is a serious sticker. The Small is useless but cute, kinda like a kitten.

That Smith has character, for sure! Probably still hit what you pointed it at (and make your ears ring, too!).