Holster for a Ruger SR9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CBennett

Single-Sixer
Lol I ended up with the dual abomination I said I originally didnt want..I got the crossbreed...While completely nasty looking it works great..it DID take me almost a month to get adjusted just right..I could not get the cant+depth of ride set right for the longest time..it either was VERY comfortable but printed WAY too much or it was almost invisible and was great STANDING but pinched the crap out of my leg/thigh sitting down...I finally ended up moving my carry position from 3oclock to about 4:15 oclock(strong side/right side) and got the cant and depth just right now and its perfect..

I also ended up getting a great deal on a Comp Tac infidel holster(Kydex) I got it off Ebay for like $30 shipped. Its also a decent holster..its for a SR9 but the C ifts just fine...I MAY someday cut off about 1/2" to make it fit perfect but its fine..that holster is a bit of a highrider for me though and I cant wear it with all my shorts/T shirts...the T shirt has to be REALLY baggy for it to work right(the crossbreed works with all but skintight shirts like the underarmor types. So I have to watch what I wear that with..it will be perfect for heavier shirt type for fall/winter/ spring type wear.

Scott

Single-Sixer
+++on the Crossbreed - I recently did the same after swearing I wouldn't pay that much for a 1/2 & 1/2 holster. Same on the adjustment - I find it comfortable with my SR9 with the cant as far forward as possible - front clip is all the way down & back clip all the way up. I tucked a fairly tight polo in the other day & showed it to my wife - she didn't believe me that I was carrying. I also sprung the extra 15 bucks for horse hide; heat & humidity here makes for a wet gun at the end of the day.

Stratrider

Bearcat
Hey Boomer, is that holster you bought for OWB or IWB? I bought the IWB leather tuckable and am quite pleased with it but the sr9c rides very low. The good thing is with that the gun is quite concealed. The ACE holsters are pretty good for the money. Bought their pocket holster and a tuckable like the above for my TCP738 which is at Taurus for the 2nd time. Thanks.

boomer1

Single-Sixer
Stratrider":1wa1bc6p said:
Hey Boomer, is that holster you bought for OWB or IWB? I bought the IWB leather tuckable and am quite pleased with it but the sr9c rides very low. The good thing is with that the gun is quite concealed. The ACE holsters are pretty good for the money. Bought their pocket holster and a tuckable like the above for my TCP738 which is at Taurus for the 2nd time. Thanks.

Hey Stratrider, you pose a good question. The holster has a (detachable) clip and belt loop on both sides. I would assume that it is OWB. You could wear it IWB, but probably too bulky.

Yea, I also have a Taurus 709 slim, that I just got back from the shop.. FTE. I have yet to take it to the range.

Good luck..

Stratrider

Bearcat
The holster looks good but I think you are right, it would be too bulky. I am looking for a holster with a retention strap. Looks like Uncle Mike's has a cheap one for sale but more than likely I will end up with a Kholster or Com-Tac, they look pretty comfortable. Thanks.

45K20E4

Bearcat
I am trying to figure out what I want to use.

I like the Don Hume 715s (especially the custom cant), and the Com-tac is interesting.

My concern with the Com-tac is that I have no experience with kydex, only leather for CC. Currently I use a Milt Sparks Vera-Max 2 for my SP101 and love it, but I don't think a holster that big will be needed for the SR9c...not to mention MS has a 26 week lead time!

vacextar

Blackhawk
Just got my holster today from Stoner Holsters. For $44 I am VERY impressed with the quality and fit. Here it is side by side with my current carry set-up for the P230.

SR9cHolster009a.jpg

The P230 rides in a holster by Mark Waldon, who apparently does not make or sell holsters anymore, as I could not find his website again.....I bought that set-up about 12 years ago. If I remember right, I think I paid close to $125 for the gun and mag holster from him, and just a little over half that much for the new set-up for the SR9c from Stoner.

For a custom made leather holster with this level of quality and fit to the gun, I don't think you'll find a better price anywhere, and as you can see, it is specific to the SR9c. If I had one very small complaint, it would be that most of the molding is on the front, and the back is fairly flat, and the "sight channel" is therefore offset from center, so the front sight does scrape pretty hard on the inside of the holster for an inch or two. Other than that, as I said, I don't think you can beat it for value.

On a side note, you can also see my mag "finger extension" base-plate modification that I made. I can now get all 3 fingers on the gun, and I don't have that huge hook poking thru my shirt. :wink:

ct03si

Bearcat
my .02. dont remember the model name but it is a desantis holster and mag holder. and i love them both for carry and idpa shoots
newgun4.jpg

45K20E4

Bearcat
Now THIS is what I really want for a holster, but this one is custom made by a guy for his own use.

gallery_15446_579_237376.jpg

martinj001

Single-Sixer
A custom holster I had made for my SR9c:

51d21cb5.jpg

I also have a Fobus paddle, a Comp-Tac MTAC (love this for deep concealment), and another leather pancake style that was made for a Glock model that fits the SR9c very well.

45K20E4

Bearcat
I ended up purchasing a Don Hume 715 for the S&W M&P compact. as noted previously, it is a perfect fit.

I agree that a forward tilt would be nice, so I have already cut the clip mount off and am making the necessary modifications. I think it will be perfect.

danfive555

Bearcat
Sonnytoo said:
This is my SR9c and my Don Hume H715M W. C. holster. Cost is about $30. I have modified this IWB to achieve FBI butt-tilt forward and to get the handgun deeper into the waistband, lessening the amount of gun above belt-level.
This is an excellent fit of holster to gun. It also fits my Glock26 just as well.
Sonnytoo

SR9cdonhumeH715MWC.jpg

I'm buying this same holster and would like to know what did you use to sew the leather back up?

Will any sewing machine do that?

Egalloway

Single-Sixer
Arch Angel by Dale Fricke, apendix or strong side. The fastest I have ever seen and by far the most comfy. Spare magazine and TDI all on one rig. A good belt makes all the difference.

sr9cAAconcealed.jpg

sr9carchangel.jpg

Verndog

Blackhawk
Better add this to the SR9C holster thread...picked up this holster a couple weeks ago and this is money.

For comfort and versatility I highly recommend the Remora IWB. It uses a tacky material to friction hold on the outside so no clip or loop is required. It stays inside the waist band very securly and is also very comfortable padding. It can quickly be adjusted, moved, or removed if you need to leave the weapon behind for any reason. I saw it posted here from other users and have to agree, most comfortable IWB you'll find.

If interested the SR9C is pictured and is model #6 and about $25.00

http://www.remoraholsters.com/

screenshot_-1.jpg

45K20E4

Bearcat
danfive555 said:
I'm buying this same holster and would like to know what did you use to sew the leather back up?

Will any sewing machine do that?

I cut the thread on mine with an exacto knife, trimmed the top rim like SOnnytoo did. One the clip was where I wanted it I used a few tiny dabs of superglue to keep everything in place while I used the Dremel and a tiny bit to drill new holes. Then I used a heavy nylon thread to put everything back together.

Peckerwood

Bearcat
CBennett said:
I got the crossbreed....it DID take me almost a month to get adjusted just right..I could not get the cant+depth of ride set right for the longest time..it either was VERY comfortable but printed WAY too much or it was almost invisible and was great STANDING but pinched the crap out of my leg/thigh sitting down...
I had the same problems with my Shielded Holster, in fact had given up and decided to sell it and try something else. But then I got to studying it the other night and wondered why I needed that extra 1-1/2" of leather that comes to a point hanging below the muzzle... so I grabbed the scissors and cut it off. Then the same with that extra 3/4" on both ends beside the belt clips, and the annoying corner sticking out near the grip. After trimming away all the excess leather it is much more comfortable now, easier to put on and of course lighter. Might be worth looking at if your CBST (or similar clone like the Shielded) has all that extra leather.