Hogue grip sleeve for KP95DC?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bsman

Bearcat
Midway currently has these on sale for $5.99, and I'm thinking it's a no-brainer, but I'm curious; has anybody used one of these on a P95, and if so, does it improve handling and/or accuracy? Also, if I'm going to be ordering, I figure I may as well think about adding a thing or two, so are there any other accessories that are "must haves" for the P95?

FYI, I've had the pistol for about over ten years, but have probably only put about five boxes of ammo through it. Living in the Bay Area, it's not easy to get out and shoot (not like when I lived in Idaho and could drive for ten minutes, pull over, put out some targets and start shooting!!!)

timinwv

Bearcat
The grip on my older, no rail KP95DC was very slippery after a few rounds downrange.. I ordered a "special" Hogue Handall with serial # cutout directly from Ruger- $19.60 if I recall correctly.
The Hogue works very well- improved handled and reduced perceived recoil(which was never a real problem). As to improving accuracy, I can't recall. The Hogue certainly does NOT reduce accuracy.
The Hogue is the only accessory I've added besides painting the stock sights green and orange. I like the contrast.
In short, at $5.99, I think the Hogue Handall would be an inexpensive, worthwhile addition.

Bigboreshooter

Single-Sixer
I picked up a P95DC a few months ago that had a grip sleeve on it. It's the first time I've ever used one on any pistol, and this is the 3rd P95 I have owned.

I tried this pistol both with and without the grip sleeve, and I have to say that the grip sleeve is better.

DSCN0602.jpg

SteveSatch

Single-Sixer
I see $7.99 for it. I've tried two (one of P95 and one on P97). Both of them got loose/lost their tightness. I switched to a bike inner tube. For $5 you can make twenty grip sleeves. They old style P95 and P97 need something though as as both get very slippery. One of their biggest negatives.

Gutpile Charlie

Bearcat
I have both a KP95DC and a KP97DC. The Houge slip on grips were the first and only things I did to them.

Outside of having to replace small parts on each pistol to get it to work properly (supplied free of charge from Ruger), they have since worked perfectly.

AlanJ65

Single-Sixer
I just added one to my P95. Have only put about 100 rounds through it since but it SEEMS to be helping so far.