SOLD Hinged MK1 Box

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A little damage and some tape. Otherwise in good condition.

$200 OBO

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 52
  • B1.jpg
    B1.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 45
  • B2.jpg
    B2.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 51
  • B3.jpg
    B3.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 41

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
You made my heart skip a beat for a minute there ! :)
My first thought when you said early hinged MK I box, was the early Red Eagle MK I, red, yellow & black hinged box. Extremally Rare ;)
The hunt continues.
Terry

yes, that is for the beginning of the "New" models in 1973 copyright date on the inside of the top lid...........sorry but NOT an "early model MK I" hinged box as noted by other above,,,,those are from the early 1950s and very collectible.....hope this helps;)

.....AH 'hittman' still young at heart.......for some of us, "early" is the 1950's.......when we could remember and start to "know"....as for boxes and frames and all that ,the advent of the "plastic" cases screwed up everything..........:cool::rolleyes:;)

...back then it was ALL 'black and white' and on a 9 inch screen TV:unsure:(y)

and early hinged box to me is a 1949 early 50s box...prior to the two piece box that showed up in mid to late 1950. that ones a new model box. that had a new model gun in it...so it is what it is. FNC...p.s. forgive Hittman....he's a good man. and know not what he has done...lol

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Those early (1973) New Model boxes were made in two sizes, the small one like this was pre-printed for the standard auto and the large one was pre-printed for a 6.5" .357 NM Blackhawk. All other guns shipped in them had a sticker over the end with the content gun's model info. The 9.5" Single Sixes of the era required a bigger box which was plain white with a sticker. Then the heavier yellow and black hinged boxes came out, sometime in the late 1970s, but not the longest one, so the very earliest 10.5" Super Blackhawks had a brown box. When the longer yellow/black came out, it could accommodate the long barrels of the 10.5" Super and Maximum. The -Six DA revolvers used a red and black heavy cardboard box that came along in about 1975 replacing these flimsy boxes, and the yellow and black ones that followed were about the same design as the red and black. So these flimsy ones were also used for the highback -Six DAs over a very short period of time around 1974 since the highback profile did not fit in the die cut interior of the original white DA boxes (and some late production lowbacks were also shipped in these after the white box supply was exhausted).

hittman

Staff member
This box looks like the one my low back stainless Security Six is in.