Hi there...Ducks Unlimited 22/45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DEEREMEYER1

Bearcat
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. I stumbled across this forum while looking for info on a Ruger 22/45 I own. It's one of the Ducks Unlimited 22/45 Targets and there was another individual that posted about his. I just wanted to see how many of these there are out there. It looks to me from the Ruger website that these fluted-barrel 22/45 Targets were an exclusive for Davidson's. The Ducks Unlimited connection has always made me wonder what the story is on them and how many of them there might be out there. For the record I also own a Blackhawk Convertible .45 Colt/.45 ACP 4 5/8 barrel blued and a Single Six Convertible 4 5/8 barrel blued. From what I've been told by the retailer I purchased them from (Cabela's) both were SHOT Show guns. Technically "pre-owned" but unfired. I also bought the 22/45 from Cabela's and it was supposedly the same deal. Does anyone have any good info about the Ducks Unlimited 22/45? It does seem odd that Ducks Unlimited would put their mark on a handgun but they definitely exist.