Help with Deerfield value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Powderblast

Bearcat
Hello all, been long time since last post. Lots of lurking though. Going to gun show tomorrow and had planned on
thinning out some of my guns I haven't used in a while. Have a Deerfield in pretty good shape, very little blue wear,
stock looks good but of course plain jane, works fine, real tac driver inside 120 yds. with 240 gr. XTP's, 21 gr of
2400. Just noticed tonight it has serial number making it one of first 600 made, (in first year, 2000), after looking at
Ruger's serial number info. I never checked it before. Can some one give me idea of value. I don't want to get taken
and I don't want to price it so as to insult anyone. Thanks.

Powderblast

Bearcat
Thanks for your reply. I will check back in the morning before I leave for the show in case anyone else like to contribute an
opinion. Thanks

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Gunbroker auctions have brought as much as 1200 for new in box. As much as 800 to 1000 for a 90 to 95 percent gun, 600 to 800 is the typical range though.There is no real collector value so first year means little. The value of these is as a shooter. Value can vary by location. Depending on local market probable a 500 to 700 dollar gun. If I did not need to sell it I would ask 700 and bargain from there. Would not take a penny less than 600. Any day of the week you can get 600 out of it on gunbroker. If your in a I need now cash now situation ask 600 and bargain down from there. Would take nothing less than 500.

Powderblast

Bearcat
Thank you mike 7mm08. Like the 7mm08 by the way. Info very helpful. Bout ready to leave this morning
for first gun show in years. Almost giddy. I don't have to sell anything, but thought I'd convert some guns
just sitting in the safe into some woodworking tools. I kind of want a festool domino joiner, if you know
anything about those, they are pricey. Thanks again for the rundown on the Deerfield.

Powderblast

Bearcat
Well, got back from gun show and thought I'd report the outcome. Bottom
line is when I got there I couldn't bring myself to try to sell the Deerfield.
Just wasn't ready to part with it yet. First time at a gun show in several
years. I think it was good therapy to counter the national news of late. Anyway,
back in the safe she goes for a while longer. My son and I have talked about
going on a hog hunt in the South some day, and I always thought the Deerfield
would be good for that, so it's still around for now anyway. But thanks again for
the help regarding its value. Powderblast

mohavesam

Hawkeye
The Deerfield is a great woods gun. It is perfect for folks who actually get out into the woods, as it does everything a woods-stompin gun needs to do.

** Get a handful of magazines now.