Help! SP 101 rust

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tinman931

Single-Sixer
Most of it is now gone, compared to what was there before. Don't think it will get much better until we have access to a buffer or something similar.

Having a heck of a time getting the trigger assembly back in. Any tips?

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Tinman931 said:
You have to have the transfer bar and hammer in the correct position. Try moving them around.

If it is the latch that is giving you trouble I had to file a little more bevel on the spring loaded pin that goes into the frame and after a lot of lube use a rubber mallet to snap it into place.

check http://ruger.com/resources/videos.html ruger videos - tech tips - double action revolvers.

6gun

Hunter
Tinman931 said:
Most of it is now gone, compared to what was there before. Don't think it will get much better until we have access to a buffer or something similar.

Mine snaps back in really easy, you have to hold the gun side ways making sure the trigger guard is being feed back into place while pulling back on the trigger, it's a bit hard to figure out the first time, but once you figure it out it will always be easy.

Tinman931

Single-Sixer
Ok. Finally got it back together. Overall, it looks much better than it did but still not perfect. When I get the funds (money issues at the moment) I am going to see about having it blasted. Any suggestions for what type of place to look to do that and what I should expect to pay?
Thanks again for all of the helpful advice. This is a great board.

6gun

Hunter
I wouldn't blast it not only is a blasted gun ugly and harder to clean on the outside, your opening thousands of pores for rust to get into, rust loves a rough surface to bite into, polishing closes the pores in the metal and keeps rust out.

Tinman931

Single-Sixer
Would insert before and after pics if I could see how other than using a URL

Latest posts