Has Anyone Found Tritium Nights Sights for Ruger SR9?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

I definitely would have purchased one of the Ruger SR9 9mm pistols a year or so ago had I been able to find a set of suitable tritium night-sights for it. I've talked to Ruger and they weren't of any help in suggesting a manufacturer.

Now I would probably purchase one of the new SR9 Compacts instead, but the lack of available night-sights are still the issue!

Can you be of help?

gotime

Bearcat
Anyone know what the install is like for the Meprolights? I heard sight installation for handguns in general is tough. Special tools needed?

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
gotime":2sk97hsh said:
Anyone know what the install is like for the Meprolights? I heard sight installation for handguns in general is tough. Special tools needed?

Changing the sights on most guns is something that I would have a gunsmith do, unless you have a proper sight pusher you could cause some real damage to the sights or the gun. The night sights have vials in them that can break if you are not careful, so that is all the more reason to have someone do it that actually has done this before.

HuttoAg96

Bearcat
I've got a set of Meprolight sights ordered for my SR9c but they are out of stock with OpticsPlanet until around May 5th or so from what I am told (I ordered them about 3 weeks ago). When I get them next year I'll let you know what I think of them! :p

jhearne

Buckeye
I've searched and searched a few weeks back for the Meprolight pics (or others too) and I even think I emailed one of the companies, Meprolight I believe and got no response.

I agree with Cheese though, you'd want to have a gunsmith do the installation.

Josh