Handicapped hunter privilege

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The burn injuries to my hands have healed but the problem is keeping them warm for any length of time. There's no actual 'flesh' on the backs of my hands, just exposed blood vessels and tendons under a thin layer of skin. I've tried everything from mittens to hand warmer packs and just not working for more than 1/2 hour (often less). Anything that keeps hands warm, makes them sweat and within minutes, they're colder than if I'd done nothing.
Looks like I'm going to have to get a Doctor's statement and process an application for one of these from MDC. This would allow me to sit in a vehicle/UTV and shoot from the cab--legally. I could have (probably should have) already applied due to the problems with my hip but kept putting it off because I felt it wasn't necessary. On the other hand, I shouldn't have to ask for permission to do this while hunting on my own land?????????

krw

Blackhawk
Why would you even ask?? You post way too much drama about killing a deer. Drive out there in a UTV on your private land and kill 1/2 dozen. No one will care and no one will be the wiser if you don't make a post about it. Jus sayn

contender

Ruger Guru
"Why would you even ask?? You post way too much drama about killing a deer. Drive out there in a UTV on your private land and kill 1/2 dozen. No one will care and no one will be the wiser if you don't make a post about it. Jus sayn"

I can answer that.

Because he's a law abiding person, and while he may disagree with the laws he abides by them. He doesn't want to lose his rights & privileges.
And he does work to try & change the laws to the benefit of others,, legally.

Why would you even ask?? You post way too much drama about killing a deer. Drive out there in a UTV on your private land and kill 1/2 dozen. No one will care and no one will be the wiser if you don't make a post about it. Jus sayn
Spoken like someone experienced in poaching. Game laws exist because over hunting darned near sent us the way if Europe.

krw

Blackhawk
Well, I live in Arkansas and own a Farm. I have killd more deer out of Cab Tractors than a lot of people hav killd period. Is that poaching? Nope, I call that killing 2 birds w one stone. If deer didn't have horns, you couldn't pay people to kill them

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
Well, I live in Arkansas and own a Farm. I have killd more deer out of Cab Tractors than a lot of people hav killd period. Is that poaching? Nope, I call that killing 2 birds w one stone. If deer didn't have horns, you couldn't pay people to kill them
I am sure the Game and Fish could explain it to you.
You should go see them and tell them .

Paul B

Hunter
Note to OP: It's a quite simple process. Get a form from the game department, have your doctor fill it out and bring it back to the state. In some cased you just have ti have it in your possession. I had one of those forms from my doc during my New Mexico guided so if it became necessary I could shoot from the guide's truck. Usually I was able to get out of the truck unseen and take a shot but I was covered should the situation arise. I always took my copy to my bank and had it notarized. Dunno if that really needed to be done but I figure CYA and the form is from Arizona and I'm hunting in New Mexico.
Paul B.

I didn't intend to cause a ruckus just making a comment on the results of getting old and gimpy. And I do feel that how I hunt on my own property should not be a conservation dept issue. Another reason: Grandson is working for the bunny cops now and has been growling at me to follow the rules more closely.

Each state is different. Know your game laws. In South Dakota it used to be OK to shoot from a vehicle if you were on your own (private) land. Lots of folks got their deer "pickup hunting". In open prairie it truly is the most effective way. They changed the law, so now there are 'beanfield' stands all over the place. There are also a lot of unfilled deer tags. Not a lot of cover, and once the deer are up, they run for a mile or two. The pickup hunters used to keep them up and moving, so you could hunt from cover. I have kinda given up deer hunting in that are even tho we own land because the deer don't move. They are not stupid.

Each state is different. Know your game laws. In South Dakota it used to be OK to shoot from a vehicle if you were on your own (private) land. Lots of folks got their deer "pickup hunting". In open prairie it truly is the most effective way. They changed the law, so now there are 'beanfield' stands all over the place. There are also a lot of unfilled deer tags. Not a lot of cover, and once the deer are up, they run for a mile or two. The pickup hunters used to keep them up and moving, so you could hunt from cover. I have kinda given up deer hunting in that are even tho we own land because the deer don't move. They are not stupid.

I frequently deer hunt FL, GA and LA. In all 3 it is illegal to shoot from a moving vehicle.

bigbillyboy

Buckeye
I didn't intend to cause a ruckus just making a comment on the results of getting old and gimpy. And I do feel that how I hunt on my own property should not be a conservation dept issue. Another reason: Grandson is working for the bunny cops now and has been growling at me to follow the rules more closely.
Most here I believe , are not outlaws . I would go after the permit .👍

Latest posts