Gun store finds yesterday.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gnappi

Single-Sixer
Yesterday I visited a LGS and they had 1K powder coated .45 bullets, and 1k .44's with lube for waaayyy less $ than I could cast my own for. I may go back today to get some used .44 mag brass even though I really do not need it... Sorry, that's the hoarder in me.

On the down side of these visits, I was told that a lot of the reloading stuff they have is from estates. Kind of a bummer knowing that the PO's purchase was never used before he passed on.

I guess my stuff will be disposed of in a similar manner some day, my son has more interest in his phone than stuff I'm interested in :-(

contender

Ruger Guru
I like to find estate sale stuff.

But instead of looking at it like the previous owner didn't get to use it,, think more like; "He had stuff ready to go,, and was using stuff,,, but his time ran out!"

Reloads can't be sold as loaded ammo.
Components CAN be sold. So I keep a good supply of brass, bullets, powder & primers for my use. But if I were to pass,, my heirs can EASILY sell the stuff.

I used to try & keep all my brass loaded up. Now,, I prefer to make sure I have enough components to load & shoot whatever I wish!

Now that I am mid 70s I enjoy extravagant shooting of reloads from my 50s that I have to use up…keeping plenty of factory ammunition for defense. Can't sell the reloads and don't even bring the brass home anymore.