GP100 factory wood grips. Pictures wanted.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
I know I have seen these on here before but there are so many GP treads I couldn't find it in the search.

I would really like to have a set but a picture will do if I can't get anything else.

Thanks,

roylt

Hunter
To be a bit more clear.

These are not the rubber and wood grips the older GP's came with as stock but a factory option. All wood with a ruger emblem.

hittman

Staff member
From a Google search:

http://richsgunshop.com/catalog/zencart/images/large/1749.jpg

roylt

Hunter
Hi hittman,
Those are just wood hogue. I'm looking for the Ruger branded (metal emblem installed) factory option grip. I think there is a small pic in the 1996 catalog. You could buy them as an option, The part number was simply "WG" for "Wood Grip" I think??

infantryman

Single-Sixer
I have a box full of those, new and unused. Ruger item WG. Great grips that many do not have. I am in the process of moving and they are packed. I'll post pictures in a month when I am moved. Many have outstanding wood grains. They are shown in many of the Ruger catalogs from 1986- the late 90's. MUCH nicer than those silly over-sized Hogues!

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
These Lett wood grips look like the original Wood grips.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208958

LettGripsGP-100.jpg

LettGripsGP-100-2.jpg

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=98301

...Jimbo

infantryman

Single-Sixer
Those Lett's wood grips ARE the original GP100 wood grip option WG. There was no other supplier of item WG other than Lett Mfg.

Flash

Buckeye
infantryman said:
I have a box full of those, new and unused. Ruger item WG. Great grips that many do not have. I am in the process of moving and they are packed. I'll post pictures in a month when I am moved. Many have outstanding wood grains. They are shown in many of the Ruger catalogs from 1986- the late 90's. MUCH nicer than those silly over-sized Hogues!

Are any for sale?

Big Stu

Single-Sixer
Flash said:
infantryman said:

Are any for sale?

+1, I'd be interested.

hittman

Staff member
I too would be interested in knowing how much you need for a set.

roylt

Hunter
infantryman said:

A BOX OF THEM! Hopefully it is a big box with a small price tag. Please let us know for sure.

Thanks for the pictures as well.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Eagle Grips has a GP-100 grip that is similar but a little more sculptured.

http://www.eaglegrips.com/guns/Ruger-Dbl-Action-Rev-Grips.html

EagleGP-100Grip.jpg

...Jimbo

Rim Fire

Bearcat
infantryman said:
yes, I will part with a few sets. I'll let you know when I get them unpacked.

Please add me to your list when you find them to sell, I have been looking for years. Thanks. :D

teacher sp ed

Bearcat
Infantry please add me to the list, I was a ground pounder in I Corp., did Basic at Ft. Knox and AIT at Ord.

With in reason price is not an object.

thanks