GP100 3" Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

robotoid

Bearcat
So, I finally got a 3" GP100, brand new. But it has terrible Hogue rubber grips on it. I would like the old style rubber w/wood inserts compact grips Ruger used to put on (Lett's style??). Now I find out they are pretty much unicorn horns? Any other options for a nice small compact type grip? I like the size of the Badger boot grip, but not the aggressive finger grooves/ridges. I saw a wood set on eBay from Thailand I thought maybe I could mod into a smaller "boot" style grip. I see Altamont made the grips for the WC GP100, any interest in lobbying them to make a compact version?

hittman

Staff member
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=190120

Too bad you missed these that sold earlier today in the Classifieds. Good pics though, maybe you could consider these?

I've got this brand and style for my Redhawks and they work well.

Regardless, put a WTB ad in the Classifieds. You never know what'll show up. I bought a set here just a couple of weeks back.

robotoid

Bearcat
hittman said:
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=190120

Too bad you missed these that sold earlier today in the Classifieds. Good pics though, maybe you could consider these?

I've got this brand and style for my Redhawks and they work well.

Regardless, put a WTB ad in the Classifieds. You never know what'll show up. I bought a set here just a couple of weeks back.

Wow. very curious. I did get a set of those UM's off eBay today just to tide me over until I found what I really wanted, and the eBay listing had those EXACT SAME TWO PHOTOS. Probably the same seller, his location on eBay is in VA.

robotoid

Bearcat
Critch said:
Altamont has what you need,
http://www.altamontco.com/experimental/

They have what equates to the old full style full size grips, I'm looking for the smaller compact version that used the same inserts as the SP101 grips.

infantryman

Single-Sixer
LOL, yes it was my auction on Ebay. I had it listed here too to maximize my chances of it selling. The sooner you pay, the sooner I can ship :wink:

Thanks for the purchase. They are a nice compromise of the full size and the compact sized grips.

robotoid

Bearcat
infantryman said:
LOL, yes it was my auction on Ebay. I had it listed here too to maximize my chances of it selling. The sooner you pay, the sooner I can ship :wink:

Thanks for the purchase. They are a nice compromise of the full size and the compact sized grips.

Last night I forgot my Paypal password as I have not bought anything on eBay in a while, and my internet providers email server went down so I couldn't recover it. Got it all sorted out this AM and paid just a few minutes ago, THX!