GP-100 6" half lug

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FergusonTO35

Hunter
My best friend is thinking about selling his GP-100. It is a stainless .357 with adjustable sights and 6" half lug barrel. He is the second owner and the gun only has a few hundred rounds fired through it at the most nor has it ever been used for daily carry. The revolver has the original Lett grips with wood inserts but no box or papers.

I told him his best bet would be to sell it on Gunbroker or a Ruger forum. What sort of price should he try to get? Any used stainless GP-100 gets a minimum of $400.00 around here. I'll ask him for the serial number so we can narrow down how old it is.

Terry T

Buckeye
The 6" half lugs have been out of production for several years and are sought after.
In my mind, $400 would be a bit of a steal. :shock: (At least around here).
Terry T

rob-c

Single-Sixer
Bought one for my wife last year and the gun shop had it listed for $550. didn't look like it had been shot a lot, no turn ring on the cylinder.i thought it was a fair price.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Thanks. I did some looking on GB and the only 6" half lug I found went for $600.00 with 16 bids. I'll see if I can get him to try to sell it here first.

I'd say any price around $600 would be fair and likely to sell. If it were in CA, it would go for a couple of hundred more, at least in the Richey Rich areas. For my money, the 6" half lug is the best variation after the MC, especially for hunting. Mine's blue and was made in 1989. A jewel and unobtainable here in CA.

I bet you it would sell here on RF.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
My friend would like to get enough out of it to move into a new or nearly new Sig P239 9mm. He has 200.00 saved up so if it goes for $600.00 that should put him over the top.

bisleyfan41

Blackhawk
I know that this one isn't stainless, but it shows there is a wide price swing on some of the half lug GPs:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/620126044

I've seen good examples go cheap, worn guns go sky high, blued guns more than stainless, and stainless ones more than blued. Good luck.