Got one! 44 Special GP 100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunman42782

Hunter
Well, I just couldn't help myself, picked up my Ruger GP100 in .44 Special today and it is a tackdriver. Shot 100 rounds through it, just had the adjust the sights down a bit and it was dead on. The only thing that has me puzzled is every article I read about it showed it with Hogue grips without the finger grooves, and mine has the finger grooves. Not a big deal, but I kinda wanted to try it without the grooves.

rangerbob

Buckeye
gunman, I'm glad you got your GP-100. Mine is in route. If it arrives with finger groove grips, I'll be calling Ruger for a set of correct grips as shown on their website and in all of the reviews. Bob!! :x

gunman42782

Hunter
rangerbob said:
gunman, I'm glad you got your GP-100. Mine is in route. If it arrives with finger groove grips, I'll be calling Ruger for a set of correct grips as shown on their website and in all of the reviews. Bob!! :x
I took your advice and called them and they are sending me the correct grips!

rangerbob

Buckeye
Gunman, that's excellent! I suspect an assembler at the plant didn't know the difference. Don't show me one thing and sell me something else. I'm off the next four days, but probably won't get mine till next week. RATS!! Bob!! :(

modrifle3

Buckeye
gunman42782 said:
modrifle3 said:
Any idea if you can load hotter rounds since it's a Ruger?
Maybe. But if I want to shoot magnum loads I will shoot one of my 44 Mags.

Wonder if we will see a magnum in the future. I love this gun. Price is dry nice!

DPris

Buckeye
Picked up mine today, has the grooveless rubber on it.
Compacts are on the way to replace 'em. :)
Denis

gunman42782

Hunter
Thumbcocker said:
Any pics of targets shot with it?
Sorry, I didn't take any. After I sighted it in on paper, I have been shooting steel with it. At 15 yards the best group was probably in the 3 inch range, but I really wasn't trying to shoot groups, per se. Was in a hurry to shoot the steel and hear the nice clang the .44 makes!

Allen207

Single-Sixer
Nice. My dealer is supposed to get one in on Tuesday. I am going up later in the week for a transfer, hopefully it will still be on the shelf.

Latest posts