Good Quality Handgun Cases

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SBHRSSSSS

Bearcat
Hi, Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but, here we go; Do any of you know of a company that makes good quality handgun soft cases, that don't have the company logo emblazoned on them in some distracting way? I'm trying to find cases that have no logo showing on the outside. Many are just garish in my opinion, and not "quiet" enough. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

hittman

Staff member
This Brauer Brothers company was down around St. Louis MO I think and went out of business years ago.
They made some EXCELLENT quality stuff. You can find them on eBay and other places, maybe even in a "used" bin at the gun store or at a gun show. And, easy to cut off the very small tag.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I guess I don't totally know what the OP is looking for. If you want a high-end tooled leather case, I'm of no help, but for a simple canvas or all synthetic case that does what it's supposed to do, without absorbing moisture, or suede and/or rough-out leather, I own more Allen and Bulldog cases than anything. None have ever come with a huge brand name stitched or emblazoned on the outside, but they do have a little sewn on tape that says Allen. And it can be cut off if that is still offensive.

Amazons offerings, all very similar in quality, regardless of brand or no-brand.

P1000362.JPG

Screenshot 2023-09-05 at 10-33-15 Amazon.com Allen Cloth Handgun Case 11 - 7211 Everything Else.png

.:)

Last edited:

epags

Single-Sixer
The OP says "and not "quiet" enough."
I am confused. A soft handgun case looks like a handgun case to anyone looking at it. A logo doesn't change the appearance. Please define 'not quiet enough" for me.

SBHRSSSSS

Bearcat
Thanks Gentlemen for your replies. This gives me some direction to look, regarding brands, for the kind of cases I'd prefer. As for what I meant by quiet; I'm not interested in advertising for some company, and am not a fan/follower of fads. The minimal indication of the maker is good enough for me. I'm not interested in the manufacturers name being "shouted in big bold letters"on my stuff. Just my preference. I'm a weird old man.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Can't get much better than these for semi auto pistols in my opinion. The logo is tiny or get a stitch ripper n take it off if it bothers you.

rem58sport

Bearcat
I've been buying Boyt soft pistol cased of late. I like the soft lining and the old school green canvas outer. They do come in black too. Yes the new ones are made in China but I see/feel no real difference in the 30 yo ones I have. There its a leather "Boyt" name tag that is stitched on but can be removed.

Johnnu2

Hunter
I 'carry' my guns in an old hard cover brief case.... fill them with foam padding and off I go. p.s. I don't store my guns in cases, just carry them that way.

J.

twriggen

Single-Sixer
I've been buying Boyt soft pistol cased of late. I like the soft lining and the old school green canvas outer. They do come in black too. Yes the new ones are made in China but I see/feel no real difference in the 30 yo ones I have. There its a leather "Boyt" name tag that is stitched on but can be removed.
My nice ones are in Boyt and the "others" are in Allen or similar cases. I always seem to need more and just picked up some Ace cases at a recent gun show and so far they work. Acecase.com. For what it's worth the two you just got from me were in Ace Cases in my safe.

SBHRSSSSS

Bearcat
Thanks everyone for the input and ideas! Thanks Troy, for the advice, and the two beautiful additions!

NDAR15MAN

Bearcat
Midway USA has third name brand on pistol cases. Black , tan and military green. Run about 15.00. They have 2 big pockets. For ammo , supplies , target sticks on , small tools. Plus will hold I think 6 or 8 individual magazines under a flap. Best thing going. I use them For every pistol I own. Will fit most 6-8 barrels with 2-7x32 scope pistols. Very few pistol cases are long and wide enough but these are and are a great price. MD

Without pictures or specifics it's hard to picture what you're looking for. If you want a case that doesn't scream GUN there are plenty of options that look like tennis racket, guitar and laptop cases. I have one that will hold 2 taken down AR's and accessories that anyone seeing would think had tennis rackets in it. I can carry 4-6 handguns in a "laptop" case that flips open.

Actnbill

Single-Sixer
I use soft sided tool bags.... I especially like the Carhartt one..... big enough for a couple of handguns, ammo, earmuffs etc..... and it looks like you are going to work construction instead of going to the range....my liberal neighbors never batted an eye at my toolbag

Latest posts