Galloway spring set for LC9s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WayniacKT

Bearcat
My LC9s was running ok, but I wanted to see if I could improve its reliability so I purchased the Galloway Precision spring set.
After installation, all I got were light strikes and ftf etc. All kinds of ammo types etc were used and most went south.
Anyone else have experience with this product?

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
WayniacKT said:
My LC9s was running ok, but I wanted to see if I could improve its reliability so I purchased the Galloway Precision spring set.
After installation, all I got were light strikes and ftf etc. All kinds of ammo types etc were used and most went south.
I believe JPGLSG can possibly help you. Hope this helps!!! :D
JPGLSG said:
Any of you out there in Ruger land with an LC9S acting wonkie may I suggest installing Gallaway Precision, SKU GP-115-SS, captured Sure Feed Guide Rod assembly for LC9S. It includes a new firing pin spring as well. There is a video on their website on how to install this as well. Gunny Gene turned me on to this kit and it works well if you don't want to send you guns back to the mother ship. $38.00 bucks including shipping.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
USMCXD said:
WayniacKT said:
I believe JPGLSG can possibly help you. Hope this helps!!! :D
JPGLSG said:
Any of you out there in Ruger land with an LC9S acting wonkie may I suggest installing Gallaway Precision, SKU GP-115-SS, captured Sure Feed Guide Rod assembly for LC9S. It includes a new firing pin spring as well. There is a video on their website on how to install this as well. Gunny Gene turned me on to this kit and it works well if you don't want to send you guns back to the mother ship. $38.00 bucks including shipping.

Galloway does have a return policy if you're not happy with it. The only reason I can think of that might be the problem is that the Ruger firing pin spring was not replaced with the Galloway spring - possibly by mistake - and the Ruger spring is still in the gun, thinking it was the Galloway; or some hitch during reassembly. Either that or Galloway sent the wrong spring. If it were me, I'd swap out the firing pin springs and see what happens, making sure that the pin itself was properly installed and not over lubed, and no grit or other fod interfering with proper function.

It's also possible that they sent the wrong kit, and you got the LC9 kit instead of the LC9s kit. There is a significant difference.

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
I installed two LC9s kits in both my guns have had zero problems. You really need the proper tool to remove the firing pin assembly or you can screw the whole thing up. After studying it a bit with a magnifying glass I took the tip off an ice pick to preform the deed. If you have a small vise with pads on each side to put the slide in at the right angle and a search light it's a piece of cake. Good luck but do try what the Gunny advised.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I don't want to pile on the OP, but those problems are why I prefer to leave my semi autos stock.

I did buy a Galloway guide rod spring assembly for my 9E because of a very lightly loaded batch of 9mm reloads I made. The lower weight spring did nothing to solve my issue and I returned it. Galloway was excellent to work with and gave me a full refund so I give them high marks for being a stand up business.