LC9s magazines

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JPGLSG1234

Blackhawk
Me being the single action guy, but having 3 LC9s around the house. I've have a question if you please. Is the LC9s magazine the same and will it function in an EC9s ?

I don't know how I acquired all these extra magazines. Do any of you ever wonder to yourself, "just what was I thinking at the time I did this" :unsure:

And by the way, I really like those guns, and they shoot very well with no failures, at least my three do. They get shot at least 3 times per year with several magazines each, cleaned up and reloaded and back to their house stations. Why Ruger isn't still making them is a ??? to me

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
My pocket carry gun is frequently an EC9s and it uses the same magazine as the LC9s...The LC9s has recently & mysteriously disappeared from the Ruger catalog...I'm not exactly sure why? Perhaps someone here can enlighten us as to the reason?

Jon406

Single-Sixer
My EC9s hasn't failed me, when I bought extra magazines the package said LC9, EC9s and they function fine, no FTF or any other problems.

oldcrab

Bearcat
I have the lc9s pro, and asked ruger a few years ago why they were no longer making it and had converted to the ec9s.
The customer service answer was that the ec9s was less costly to manufacture because of the fixed-non-removable sights, and yet was every bit as dependable, and shootable, with just as good a trigger as the lc9s. Because of the lower cost, the ruger agent told me that ruger can then sell the ec9s at a reduced price for the customer.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.