FS Old Model Blackhawk 357 Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hammesj

Single-Sixer
Ruger 3 screw, old model, 6 1/2" barrel. Original lock work with black eagle grips. Gun is mint to like new condition, except!! previous owner scratched some identity numbers on the trigger guard as can be seen in pictures. Original box in fair to good condition with broken corners 2 on top and 1 on bottom. Some stains and scuffing showing. Prefix serial number indicates 1970 production, 30-33335. No papers. Sell for $525.00 shipped to your FFL.

luckyday

Blackhawk
It is amazing how much personal information can be found on the used gun rack etched into firearms as a means of preventing theft. Dates of birth, full names, social security numbers, driver's license numbers, terrible thing to have your guns stolen and your identity with'em. Still a tempting buy.

hammesj

Single-Sixer
NO holes or dents in this barrel. Not good enough camera or photography skills. My original thought was that someone may want this gun to swap out grip frame and have a nice old model.

DGW1949

Hunter
Ale-8(1) said:
Yeah, all it would take would be a nice replacement XR3RED grip frame, and they aren't hard to find nor horribly expensive.

:)

I agree that that is too nice of a gun to leave it "all marked up" like it is.
Question is though...how much is "not horribly expensive" relative to the cost of a minty XR3-RED grip frame as would be befitting to this particular gun?....I'd guess close to a C-note.

$550 + $100 + the buyer's transfer fee on my end would add up to almost 700 smackers.
On one hand that sounds like a lot of money, but on the other, that is a very nice old gun (with the box)... and as we all know....they aint making 'em like that any more, so it aint like we're just gonna waltz into our local gun shop and find another like it any-ole time we want.
Tough decision if ya ask me. :wink: .

Just thinking out loud....no offense meant to anyone.

DGW

Well, an XR3RED grip frame can be had for less than a C-note, but it might take a little shopping. If you were in a big hurry, you might have to cough up bigger bucks, I'll admit. The grip panels themselves look OK as shown.

Bottom line as mentioned " . . . they ain't making 'em like that any more . . . "

;)