FS Clements Custom 44 Bisley - SPF

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
Up for sale is one that I thought I would never turn loose, but as is life, things change. I acquired this from one of our custom SA aficionados - Robb Barnes. I pestered him for a couple of years until he finally relented.

Anyway, it is Clements octagon 44 mag with a Gallagher long cylinder conversion. The grips are smooth horn (I believe elk horn). It has a unique coloration that looks brown in some light and plum in other light. It gets a lot of looks and compliments on the range. The octagon barrel has a machined integral front sight base and "ear" that captures the ERH. The front sight blade is a Clements blade with two gold bars. The rear sight is a white outline Bowen Rough Country. It is a great, very accurate shooter.

No problem doing a payment plan with the gun shipping once the final payment and the FFL arrives. The price shipped via USPS Priority mail from my FFL is $2500. The buyer can choose to have the gun shipped overnight fully insured if they want to pay the difference. Two payments of $1250 or even two $830 payments with a third payment of $840 is fine with me.

The first I will take it posted and followed by a confirming PM gets it. I'll bump it a couple of times then, if not sold, it will go to GB.

Guys, if I did not have all the projects going that I do, this would come right back to Oregon. It is only the second custom Ruger of this coloration that I have seen and the first was Ross S. out of this world #13 475. Kraig is right, the grips are American elk by Bill Jennings of WY and they are smooth with the faintest of flecks of brown. They look like ivory and to me are just as beautiful. I must warn you, if a forum member buys this, I WILL try to trade you out of it! :D

wildwillalaska

Single-Sixer
Super beautiful. I've wanted one of these long cylinder guns. Wish it was a 45LC but I may yet relent. If someone wants this beauty--please jump, and put me out of my mental battle of good and evil.

wildwillalaska

Single-Sixer
Good job Robb. Being a 44, it will be more at home with you--I would have been nothing more than a short-term foster home. Always feel bad saying no because its a 44, great cartridge, I have simply gotten lazy in reloading. Between 32, 45, 475, and 500--that's enough die changing. Stopped shooting 44's simply as I wasn't reloading for them enough.

Beauty Robb, glad its coming home.

wildwillalaska

Single-Sixer
Oh I want it--just trying to figure out when/how I should make it happen. As most say, too many irons in the fire. Well, maybe not too many, but certainly enough that I have to be more thoughtful with my toy money. After taking most of September off hunting, the missus always keeps her eyes peeled for things with shipping labels attached.

BigBore44

Bearcat
Congrats to you Robb!
Glad to hear it's coming home...
I wish I could have gotten it. First off to try a beautiful custom and nextly to trade for another one you have that I LOVE ;)
Same caliber (44m my Fav) just a little different color (5.5" CCH 44m)

Enjoy
BigBore44