from Venice,It.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wilecoyote

Bearcat
...thank for the replies: my only Ruger is a scoped / 9,5" SRH in .44mag., I cast, handload, etc., but my only Ruger's references are the Kuhnhausen's manuals, where the SRH is not included, so I hope to find here, if/when necessary, other sources to learn_
thanks to All in advance!

Last edited:

epags

Single-Sixer
Visited Venice many times while in the military (cira 1970's) while stationed with NATO (in Naples) and subsequently with my spouse after retirement.
Never thought of Venetians being shooters. Sorry we did not connect.

1702940140574.png

At any rate, welcome from the central coast of California.
beach1.JPG

Last edited:

wilecoyote

Bearcat
Visited Venice many times while in the military (cira 1970's) while stationed with NATO (in Naples) and subsequently with my spouse after retirement.
Never thought of Venetians being shooters...
...beautiful beach you have there...
btw, you're right: shooting has never been a very widespread activity here, and Venice is the least suitable place, the last LGS in the city closed about 10 years ago (in the 70s I remember at least 5), the hunting laws today are more restrictive than in '70s, but the laws about possession & sporting use of firearms are less draconian than 50 years ago, so we're happy while it lasts, and with a short trip from Venice it's possible to spend some creative shootin' time:
life is good :) , aside the powder/primer's availability and ret. prices....

Last edited:

Pál_K

Single-Sixer
What is it like to own firearms in Italy? Do you need to be a member of a shooting or sporting club in order to buy a firearm? I suppose some sort of license is needed? Is it easy to buy ammunition?

My only Italian firearms are a Pietta .44 replica of the 1858 New Army (cap and ball black powder revolver), a Beretta 92 FS, and a Beretta 686E 12ga for Sporting Clays.

What limitations are there in Italy on what you can own?

wilecoyote

Bearcat
...a license is required for anything: business, activity or possession of ammo&firearms_
s.d. c.c. almost unobtanium,
hunting lic. a pain to achieve, expensive and complex, the exams are often held by tree-hugger experts,
sporting lic. (mine) is obtainable after a shooting club training course. for a fee, o.c._
I could own more or less unltd. long guns, max 12/15 (I don't remenber xactly) pistols/revolvers_
as licensed collector I could own more, but a big no-no about the ammo and use of the collected items_
MGs, SMGs, 50BMG caliber and mufflers forbidden 100%_
powders and ammo have some qty. limits, etc., but I see that I can play quite happily following our laws:
I've al the guns my wallet and my desires can allow, and I'm lucky enough to have the space to do maintenance/work on them, cast, handload, etc., even if my shooting time is not much...
said this, thank you for your interest: I wish you enjoy your Italian guns at least as much as I enjoy my U.S. made rifles and wheelguns !