Found a set of grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KnotRight

Bearcat
About a week or so ago I asked about some grips for my SBH with the square trigger guard. I found these Altmount grips and just installed them. Hoping sometime this week I will be able to make it to the range.

SBHGrips2-1.jpg

SBHGrips1-1.jpg

6gun

Hunter
Put me down for one hates them..... they look terrible on a single action. :?

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
There still seems to be some of the trigger guard that is uncovered and possibly will be a finger bighter. Even the round trigger guards on my Supers bight my middle finger so I put a bandaid on my finger before any range sessions that will be shooting more than just a few rounds.
Those grips you have there are finished nicely. I hope they work out for you.
They are not one of my favorite grip styles but if they do the job it's good.

KnotRight

Bearcat
If they stop the trigger bite, I can live with the finger grooves. Do not like a gun that I do not like pulling the trigger.

Salmoneye

Single-Sixer
I have fired heavy .44 rounds in Super Blackhawks with Dragoon grip frames for 30+ years, and have yet to understand how the trigger guard can possibly ding a finger...

I guess I'd have to watch someone do it to understand...

6gun

Hunter
If their getting their so called trigger bite then they are gripping the gun wrong, I've never been bit yet using my standard Ruger grips.

sandman228

Single-Sixer
very nice , to each there own but im a fan of finger grooved grips on any handgun I can get them for .I bet a set like that would look real good on my single seven .

I don't appreciate them for looks, but if they work for ya they're PERFECT!

When I was seriously shooting Bullseye I put a set of large, swoopy, thumbrest-type grips on my Mark I Target Pistol, and they allowed me to do my best shooting. When I got done doing that, I took 'em off and sold them to a friend and never looked back.

Your gun, your money, your choice.

JMHO
:)

Latest posts