Florida background checks for ammo purchases in the news

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
As part of the Federal 1968 gun law ammo sales had to be logged, nothing more. I worked selling guns and ammo from then until 1977.
The ammo logbook was NEVER checked in our store by BATF during that time. I've never heard of it being anything more than a nuisance.
And now, for some of us it will become a more expensive burden. Anti-gunners must be smiling.

BTW, for the reloaders primers are about 10 times as expensive as they were several years ago, when you can find them.
I remember having to show a licence back in the 1970's to buy a brick of .22RF. But I haven't been carded in 20-30 years. Maybe the law was rescinded - I dunno.

Primers reached 5 times normal pre-covid prices at the height of the plandemic. Yes, availability was an issue but you could always find them at gun shows. (some dealers were taking advantage of us - shame on them)

Currently, primers are selling at 2.5 times pre-covid, which is only 1.6 time more than the crises during the Obama administration.

Boolits and powder has only increased moderately, so reloading is still the best way to go.

Regardless, there has never been a time that you could not get reloading components, as long as you were willing to pay the price.

Latest posts