Bearcat
Still in good shape. S/N 62-23xxx

Attachments

• Rug 1.jpg
    Rug 1.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 82

schotzfyred

Bearcat
Ruger introduced the XR3 Red (Redesigned) grip frame in 1962 to replace the original XR3 frame. These frames are on the 1962 and later Single-Six, Super Single-Six*, Blackhawk, Hawkeye, & Old Army.
These grip frames were modified in 1972/1973 for the new trigger spring and safety transfer bar, but they retained the same basic profile. These frames are on the New Model Single-Six, Super Single-Six, Blackhawk, Super Blackhawk with 4-5/8" & 5-1/2" barrel, the 1993-2005 Vaquero, & the New Vaquero .44 Magnum. (They do not fit the Flattop Blackhawks.) (Early models had "Alcoa" stamped on the frame.
The standard Single Six had a fixed rear sight dovetailed into the frame, and the Super Single Six model came with the same fully adjustable rear sight as a Blackhawk. The Super also came with a ramp front sight

schotzfyred

Bearcat
You are welcome and enjoy that Ruger!
I'm looking to get a new Ruger Wrangler Birdshead for my Grandson [15]

Hondo44

Hawkeye
These grip frames were modified in 1972/1973 for the new trigger spring and safety transfer bar, but they retained the same basic profile. These frames are on the New Model Single-Six, Super Single-Six, Blackhawk, Super Blackhawk with 4-5/8" & 5-1/2" barrel, the 1993-2005 Vaquero, & the New Vaquero .44 Magnum. (They do not fit the Flattop Blackhawks.)
I'm pretty sure even the new vaquero 44 mag also uses the old XR3 size grip frame just as the NM FLATTOP 44 mag does.

The XR3-RED grip frame will fit the new vaquero and NM FLATTOPS, but the grips must be changed as well.

Latest posts