First Gun Purchase sr9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

snooking99

Bearcat
I am very new to shooting. My experience has been very limited mostly to my buddy's Springfield xd. I started shooting it about 3 months ago. That's when I started researching a gun for myself and came across the SR9C. I have read so many reviews of it and watched every you tube video of the sr9 and sr9c. I knew that it was the gun for me. So last Wednesday i went down to my local gun store and bought it. On sale for 399.00. The 3 month delay was how long it took me to convince my wife and it turns out all it took was a home invasion 3 blocks from our house. Anyways I picked my 1st gun up yesterday and ran 200 rounds through it at the range. I don't have a lot of experience to do a review but I absolutely love it. The trigger feels so much better to me then my buddy's XD, the recoil was less and I was way more accurate with it. Out of the box the sights were dead on at 10-15 yards. I am so happy with my purchase. If anyone has any tips for caring for this gun or if there is anything I should be aware of that is not covered in the manual please feel free to let me know. I might pick up the new SR22 for my wife so she can get use to shooting. If anyone has any thoughts on that gun please let me know.

Skidboot

Single-Sixer
Congrats on your purchase; it's a fine gun. The SR22 is a joy to shoot for the experienced shooter and a great gun for anyone new to the game. I think your wife will like it.

snooking99

Bearcat
Ya I think the SR22 would be a better choice for someone who has never fired a gun. I wasn't as lucky when my friends took me shooting for the 1st time last November they handed me a Taurus Judge. I had no idea what to expect. They all got a kick out of it.

Clovishound

Blackhawk
If you haven't read any of the SR9c posts, then you need to know that you need to thoroughly clean the packing grease from your weapon. This includes the striker and channel.

If you have read any of these posts, then you know that already.

You also will probably know that the trigger will smooth up in the next 500 rounds or so.

Titandave

Bearcat
I absolutely love mine as well. I'm waiting for my CC permit to arrive so I've been practicing at the range waiting on the big day! haha

snooking99

Bearcat
I took my cc class I just need to make time to get my finger prints done and send out my paper work.

MESSY

Bearcat
Your experience sounds almost identical to mine and thus I'll warn you of the following: You WILL buy the SR22, then maybe a Mossberg 590a1 then an LC9......then a..well, you get the idea! The SR22 was my second purchase after the 9c and my wife was much more receptive to shooting it over the 9. You'll love the cheap plinking and it really is a joy to shoot. Don't get too hung up on the argument over the operation of the safety/decocker compared to the larger SR. The gun is very much worth having and enjoying regardless of wether or not you believe the safety is right or wrong.

MESSY

Bearcat
freedomcosts said:
Hey Messy, is that before or aftre the drawer full of holsters?

Before. I just can't seem to find the right IWB for the 590!