Finally Scored a Lipsey’s Vaquero 44 Special Sheriff

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rclark

Hunter
Thanks Hondo... Just hate to send it in though! Here is a picture of my 'fix' (and it shoots still just a smidgen high).... for now... Love that 'clean' barrel with no warning on the side!

RugerSheriff44Spec_frontsight_zps37204ad8.jpg

What I don't understand is why Ruger can't just put tall sights on every fixed-sighted gun. You can then get the file out to regulate it to whatever you might be shooting. Everyone would be 'happy'.

AirCommando

Bearcat
You got a good deal on that one!

I saw the one on GB and it has a flyer with it that says one of 510. I have one too, I bought about 5 years ago NIB at a LGS. It does not have a flyer, but is a Model 5145.

I just noticed that the serial number starts 510- Is that a coincidence or is that how it's done? Do you know?

AirCommando

Bearcat
Mine is 510-9912x, so it is around 100 newer than yours. Just thought the 510 is interesting. This is the only Ruger I have, so I don't know how the others are.

Terry T

Buckeye
My notes from Chad at the time they were put together as a distributor special say '506 made'.
I'm not really going to quibble over 4. :shock:
Terry T

stevemb

Hunter
Mine is 510-986XX. I haven't settled on a load yet. I've been having too much fun trying EVERYTHING thru it. From 135gr bullets with 9 shot under'em, to 255gr WFN's on 7.5gr of Unique. Yes, it would be wise to pick one load and eventually I,er,um, haven't tried the 265gr SWC or the 275 TC yet. Then...

Mine is 510-979xx. Blue. Bought it when Bud's was practically giving them away.

I put some custom wood stocks on it. Fired one cylinder through it when I got it. Since then it gets taken out and dry fired a bit now and then but I've never actually shot it again. Too many guns to keep up with!

Gregg

stevemb

Hunter
Over the last 3 days a nephew and I went to camp in the Allegheny Forest and put a wide variety of loads thru the Sheriff. Shotshells to Skeeter loads. Black powder too. At some point I need to pick ONE load, but not yet !