Finally a Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Wobble

Bearcat
Shot my new SS this afternoon for the first time. It's definitely a keeper. My grandkids will inherit this gun from me. It's pretty clear --- never sell a Ruger Single Six. It's like buying a piece of history.

parkergunz

Bearcat
I stopped by our town trading post/pawn shop this morning. I was looking at the imported 22 revolvers with those hideous looking safeties. I asked if they had any pawns coming out for sale soon. The clerk went to the back and brought out a 1985 vintage Single Six, blued, adj sights and rosewood grips in the original box with papers. The mag cylinder was unfired and from the looks the lr cylinder was barely used. I said how much, he said $225 and it is now in my safe.

Nothing like a good gun deal to make your day !

flatgate

Hawkeye
parkergunz":37q8k0pm said:
he said $225 and it is now in my safe.

Woo-whee! That's AWESOME!

Yup, your story is sage advice. Shop your local market and one can often find some good deals.

It's darn near impossible to "wear out" a Single-Six..... :roll: therefore the guns showing some use are usually very worthy items.

JMHO,

flatgate

Wobble

Bearcat
I stopped by our town trading post/pawn shop this morning. I was looking at the imported 22 revolvers with those hideous looking safeties. I asked if they had any pawns coming out for sale soon. The clerk went to the back and brought out a 1985 vintage Single Six, blued, adj sights and rosewood grips in the original box with papers. The mag cylinder was unfired and from the looks the lr cylinder was barely used. I said how much, he said $225 and it is now in my safe.

Congratulations on your great find. To be honest, I would much rather have the old model than my new model but lucky finds like yours don't come easy or quick. Good shooting!