FAV Gen. R.E. Lee!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Diabloman

Single-Sixer
COLOR PIC OF GENERAL ROBT. E LEE.jpeg

This is a copy of the only color O Gen. Robert E. Lee. FAV!

RC44Mag

Buckeye
My GG Grandather spent the war tangling with Lee and his troops all around Virginia all the way to Appomattox and I hold that gentleman General in the highest esteem.
Damn all who take his statues down and try to defame him. Even Lincoln saw the importance of joining the Union back together, idiots today trying to unravel what was done in '65.

dannyd

Hunter
My GG Grandather spent the war tangling with Lee and his troops all around Virginia all the way to Appomattox and I hold that gentleman General in the highest esteem.
Damn all who take his statues down and try to defame him. Even Lincoln saw the importance of joining the Union back together, idiots today trying to unravel what was done in '65.
We have something in common My Great Grandpa's were the one's he was fighting.

Union Cemeteries in the South are a Tribute to the Confederate Sharpshooters. ;)

Now being a distance relative of the General; he would be extremely appalled that a statute was every made of him.

RC44Mag

Buckeye
My GG Grandfather was a Sharpshooter with the 1st NY Volunteer Sharpshooters, I'm sure he was glad to return the favor in spades and I'll add, survived and his team wound up on top.
Lee was a proud yet humble man, wouldn't surprise me a bit.

hittman

Staff member
Don't think I had any relatives fight in that war. If I did, the stories never got handed down or they weren't anyone notable.

I did know an elderly man (recently passed) who had 2 great-grandfathers who fought. Both were Colonels, one Union and one Confederate. Story goes that wasn't uncommon around here. We're right on the border of Missouri and this Illinois side was a hot spot for the Underground Railroad. Actually there was quite a semi-famous massacre just a few miles from here.

dannyd

Hunter
My GG Grandfather was a Sharpshooter with the 1st NY Volunteer Sharpshooters, I'm sure he was glad to return the favor in spades and I'll add, survived and his team wound up on top.
Lee was a proud yet humble man, wouldn't surprise me a bit.
I am from Virginia; we all had ancestors in the war the town I grew up in was taken over 70 times by both sides.

The statues are in two groups before World War 2 and after. Before WW2 wives and kids honoring their husbands and fathers after WW2 people using them for political agenda's.

Last edited:

gunman42782

Hunter
Anyone that has read any history book of Robert E Lee would know that he was not only a great general, but a fantastic human being. Back when honor really meant something to folks, he was as honorable as there ever was. I rank him with George Washington in that regard.

dannyd

Hunter
Anyone that has read any history book of Robert E Lee would know that he was not only a great general, but a fantastic human being. Back when honor really meant something to folks, he was as honorable as there ever was. I rank him with George Washington in that regard.
General Lee, was definitely an above average person especially if you read the history of his father Light Horse Harry Lee.

Latest posts