Factory folder 10/22 coming!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Just a heads up.

Limited to 1500 units.

# 1287

Seen the pics. All you "tactical" guys will like it. :)

spoolup

Bearcat
Hiow about sharing the photos? Just curios, but I have been thinking about building a 1022 folder, so Im looking forward to it.

TALO

Bearcat
Adjustable, folder, flash hider, 25 rd magazine. 1500 units. priced well.

IMG_0765-1.jpg

chet15

Hawkeye
TALO said:
Adjustable, folder, flash hider, 25 rd magazine. 1500 units. priced well.

Would you have the catalog number and Ruger model number available for this one? Who made the stock?
Chet15

TALO

Bearcat
Ruger's description:
Model Number: 1287
Catalog Number: 10/22RBD-FS
UPC Number: 7-36676-01287-9

Quantity: 1,500 units
Description: Blued 10/22 with folding 6-position ATI stock, 16 1/8" barrel, threaded barrel with flash suppressor, and packed with one BX-25. This model does not have sights.

We were not offered special serial numbers. We can find out the range when production starts.

Thanks for the question.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Thanx Bob! Not one for black "tactical" stuff but this one I like. :) I believe this will be a popular one.

Wolfpackin

Bearcat
This model does not have sights.

What does that mean?
Does a scope or red dot have to be fixed to this model or are iron sights also an option.

And also, does an additional rail or mount need to be added to mount these sights or is that already on the rifle?

Many thanks for any input on this.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Wolfpackin said:
This model does not have sights.

What does that mean?
Does a scope or red dot have to be fixed to this model or are iron sights also an option.

And also, does an additional rail or mount need to be added to mount these sights or is that already on the rifle?

Many thanks for any input on this.

• No sights, none, nada and not an option. You buy it as it is not with options to make it how you want it.
• It would require some sort of optics.
• It would, like all 10/22's come with a Weaver style mount that would attach to the top of the receiver. You would need to provide Weaver style rings or have a mount integral to the optics be Weaver style.

Wolfpackin

Bearcat
Thanks for your response.

Just so I'm clear...
This package should come with Weaver style mounts?
Then I need to find optics that say Weaver compatible?
And those optics may, or may not, come with Weaver style rings? Whatever those are, LOL.

And finally, are there iron/fixed sights that will be compatible with the Weaver mounts?

Sorry for all the questions, 10/22 rookie here.
I'm an AK and handgun guy, but I hope to change that shortly.

Thanks again.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
• Time to start reading, reading, read some more and a bit more and more. Look through catalogs (Midway, Brownell's) and see what things are and how they work in conjunction with each other.

• Google is your friend.

Wolfpackin

Bearcat
Yup, Google and I go way back.

Well I see some optics are listed as "Weaver Mount" and then others of the same model list "3/8" mount.

I originally thought that I'd want the ones listed with Weaver mount but maybe that's redundant if the gun already has the mount.

Anyway, I'd still like to know if open/iron/fixed sights can be mounted to this rifle.

Thanks for the help.

dacaur

Single-Sixer
I guess you didnt get the memo that if the answer to a question you ask has ever been posted before in the history of the interweb you should have searched for it, therefor not having to ask? :lol: (end sarcasm :twisted: )

You want weaver rings, 3/8" mounts are different (weaver mounts are 7/8")

Yes the gun will come with the weaver mount, you supply the (weaver) rings and scope. optics dont need to be weaver compatible, but the rings do, unless you get a re-dot with built in weaver mount....

Can you just add iron sights? No. There is no front sight on the gun.

It would be technically possible to add iron sights, but if you have to ask if its possible, you dont have the equipment or skills to do it, and the cost to have someone do it for you would likley be more than the cost of the gun.

I have seen flash hider/front sight combos for other rifles (mini 14, for one), but never one for a 10/22... it may exist but i dont know.

Wolfpackin

Bearcat
Thank you, kind sir.

Yeah, I'm new to .22 rifles and optics but not new to the internet or forum sites, I moderate one with 150,000 members...so no worries on that. :)

I appreciate the information, it's all starting to make sense.

I'm a little disappointed that standard sights probably can't be added to this rifle. I've never used a red dot sight and the only scope I've had was on an air rifle about 30 years ago.
Tough decision if I want to go this route, but plenty of other choices out there.

Thanks again.

Ruger has done that with a couple of rifles..... they are following the market. Most folks are putting some kind of optic on their rifles and so aren't interested in using standard iron sights....

So, this saves times and of course money in the manufacturing.

If you wanted to play with this as a survival gun you could use a traditional scope (no Batteries), and add a laser sight to the forward rails. With my old eyes I can just sight down a barrel and do about as good as I can with irons.

dacaur

Single-Sixer
Give a red dot a try, its faster and easier to shoot good with one than with irons.... the downside of course is if the battery dies, your shooting day is over....

Wolfpackin

Bearcat
Thanks, I think I will give one of the inexpensive red dots a try just to see how it fits my needs.

If I like the red dot system and the cheap unit fails I'll replace it with a better model.
If I don't like it I'll start exploring the options.

Oh, I just ordered one of these ugly stick modified 10/22's. :lol:
I like the way it looks and I really wanted a side folder to make it easier to put on the floor or front seat of my Jeep.

I was considering getting a second AK in a side folder but a 10/22 just makes more practical sense for fun plinking...$.04 vs $.22 per round was very convincing.