Facebook

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gasbag

Blackhawk
Facebook...in real life...for those who do not really comprehend why Facebook exists.

Presently I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles.

Therefore, every day I go down on the street and tell the passers-by what I have eaten,
how I feel, what I have done the night before and what I will do tomorrow night.
Then I give them pictures of my family, my dog and me gardening and spending time in my pool.

I also listen to their conversations and I tell them I love them.

And it works.

I already have 3 people following me: 2 police officers and a psychiatrist.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Unfortunately, if you own a business today Facebook is essential to success.
It is also a useful tool if you are a child molester, apparently.

Or in my county at least, if you're a cop with your eye on a detective shield.

Facebook is part of life now. Weather you feel one way or the other about it, is irrelevant. It's here to stay. I learned to utilize it to make it work for me (as a business owner). It is, as mentioned already, also a tool for other things as well. How you use Facebook, or how you feel about it, is a reflection of YOU, not Facebook! A shooting happens you blame the gun?

Cooperhawk

Buckeye
Ick, that bug drives me crazy!!

I use Facebook to keep tabs on my children and grandchildren. They post all this stuff and don't even think gramps is watching. :shock:

wwb

Hunter
mohavesam said:

Checked the website of the last two companies I worked for - both are multi-million dollar companies that do a fair share of their business internationally and that sell a highly specialized, intensively engineered product. Interestingly, neither one has the "Like us on Facebook" icon on their site.

Personally, I am at a loss to see what Facebook offers me that I can't already do by e-mail. Never been on Facebook, and probably never will. If you think it offers you some sort of advantage, go for it.

JFB

Hunter
wwb said:
...Personally, I am at a loss to see what Facebook offers me that I can't already do by e-mail. Never been on Facebook, and probably never will. If you think it offers you some sort of advantage, go for it.
me either.

I found it annoying when a company only has a facebook page and not a real web site. I give up searching with them that do

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Just like a vehicle, you can use Facebook your way and not like the attention clowns driving their "look at me" crash and trucks. You can use it to keep in contact with those too far away to make the drive. Of course you could be like the masses and showcase your life's meals, silly cartoons and such. Prefer doing it in my own way.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
JFB said:
I found it annoying when a company only has a facebook page and not a real web site. I give up searching with them that do

Hi,

How about one that has been in business for decades, does have a real website, has real people on the other end of the line who know what they're talking about--in "American" English--if you call them, and even sends out real printed catalogs! Their products are top line, and priced accordingly. The product I received was beautifully made, in the US, cost several hundred dollars vs a competitor's "almost as nice" product which can be had for about a benjie, yet should prove to be pretty inexpensive by comparison if it lasts as long as their review/testimonial pages indicate it likely will.

As with so many companies these days, they ask for a review of a product you've bought (or, in my case, got as a gift.) So you write a good review, then find it will not be posted if you don't have a Facebook account. Since my budget's a bit limited, this may turn out to be the only item I get from them, in which case they lost some good "free" advertising. Surely I'm not their only potential customer who doesn't do Facebook, am I? Maybe I am...

Rick C

Mike J

Hunter
I never would bother with Facebook until my wife sat up a joint account for us. She said something about my being on it with her keeping down the amount of inappropriate posts. For the most part I just keep track of family & friends I don't get to see often with it. Lately there are a lot of political posts. I don't really post anything personal but am guilty of resharing some right wing political & spiritual stuff. What the heck with my membership on more than one firearms bulletin board I am probably already on multiple government lists especially with our current administration.

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
SATCOM said:
Cooperhawk said:
Ick, that bug drives me crazy!!

One of cats really likes it!

SATCOM

Drives me crazy too because we are plagued with some bugs that kinda look like that; I've discovered that a little White Cat food bowl with some water and a dollop of Palmolive dish wash in a flowery scent seems to attract them and inspires them to commit suicide by drowning !!!

737tdi

Hunter
Well, back to Facebook,

I enjoy it. I have met and re-interacted with a lot of guys I knew in the Corps. I don't share where I am going, I do share where I have been.

If you want to be a friend on Facebook my user name is Karl Crim, I don't say anything that the public should not know. It is not evil. It is what you make of it. Friend me if you want, just let me know you are from here. I have had some really strange requests over the years.

I am not asking for friends. If you want to view my page you will see gun stuff and USMC stuff. I am still a Marine and will always be so most of it is Jarhead stuff but a lot of airline employee stuff as well. It is actually boring but???

Semper Fi:

Karl

427mach1

Blackhawk
mohavesam said:

True, but nothing annoys me more than when I get an invitation to "Like" a business. If I have never used this business before and I have no affiliation with it, why would I "Like" it? When I see a business with a lot of "Likes", it makes me wonder how many are legitimate and how many are from sheep or non-customers that have willingly liked them?