F/S Ruger SS Security Six ((((((((((( SOLD )))))))))))))

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVILDOCTOR235

Single-Sixer
I have FOR SALE a Ruger 357 Magnum Stainless Steel Security Six. It has a 2-3/4 inch barrel with adjustable sights and factory small wood grips.. The gun is in very good condition and would be in exellent condition with a little polishing of the stainless. No damage to anything. Serial number # 154-842XX which is 1979 for a birth date. I want $225.00 CASH for it. For pictures you must email me at [email protected] and I will send you some in a return email. I cannot post pictures here because of my antique system. I will only sell this in a face to face sale in Vancouver Washington where I live. Buyer must be over 21 years of age and have some form of Washington State picture ID. I will not ship (sorry). (((((((((( SOLD FUNDS PENDING )))))))))))))))

EVILDOCTOR235

COR

Blackhawk
This is a great deal! Too bad about the shipping or it'd be mine. Some lucky fella in Washington is getting one helluva deal.

If you decide to ship I will take it.

alacharger

Bearcat
After screwing around yesterday and missing the last one posted here, I'm going to try doing better with this one.

So, pending my seeing if I can get family that live in WA to take a 100 mile road trip and meeting up with you, I'll take it. I'll contact them in a couple of hours, when it's morning there and confirm that they can meet up with you.

An email is sent as well.

alacharger

Bearcat
FWIW, apparently posting "I'll take it" first in a topic, then sending both emails and personal messages do not guarantee you'll get the purchase, or even a civil reply to your questions concerning whether you have or have not been deemed worthy to give your money to the seller. :(

Big Bad Wolf

Bearcat
FWIW, your "I'll take it" had conditions attached. Not to mention that a seller might be reticent to sell to someone other than the actual purchaser since the straw buyer syndrome is on many prudent sellers minds nowadays. Not saying that having family buy it for someone out of state is a straw buyer purchase, but a seller can never be too careful. Just continue your hunt.

alacharger

Bearcat
Big Bad Wolf said:
FWIW, your "I'll take it" had conditions attached. Not to mention that a seller might be reticent to sell to someone other than the actual purchaser since the straw buyer syndrome is on many prudent sellers minds nowadays. Not saying that having family buy it for someone out of state is a straw buyer purchase, but a seller can never be too careful. Just continue your hunt.

Yep. My offer did. A reply with anything like what you posted would have been understood and accepted.

I got a one word reply...(((((((((( SOLD )))))))))))))))....looked just like this.

Not exactly friendly, or civil.

:roll:

Two things come to mind.

An I'll take it, without conditions, always trumps an I'll take it, when it comes with conditions that don't guarantee the purchase.

Also...Some folks conduct their internet business very impersonally. Don't take it personally. Some folks just don't communicate.

Two of the biggest on-line sellers on this forum are some of the poorest in communicating. Ya get what ya pay for.

WAYNO.

Hugh

Buckeye
That "conditional" offer looks very much like an attempt to make a straw purchase. I believe that is a federal offense and is a five letter word starting with an "F".

Just sayin'.

alacharger

Bearcat
Hugh said:
That "conditional" offer looks very much like an attempt to make a straw purchase. I believe that is a federal offense and is a five letter word starting with an "F".

Just sayin'.

Only if you are purchasing from a FFL. Not individual to individual. No Form 4473 involved in personal sales. No provisions for "straw purchases" in individual sales. Please check Federal Code 18 USC Chapter 44.

welldoya

Single-Sixer
Look at it this way, would you really want to ask family to drive 200 miles round trip so you could save $100 on a gun ? I wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.