down to 4 1911 choices!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

k-oss

Bearcat
I own a Kimber Eclypse Pro 2. I love it now but I have to say it was junk out of the box. Since using quality mags and installing a proper recoil spring from Wolf springs it now shoots the way it should have right from Kimber. The absolute best mags for my Kimber are the Cobra mags from Tripp Research followed closely by the ones made by Wolf springs. It's frustrating to spend a grand on a 1911 only to have to make mods(albeit simple ones) to make it reliable.

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
revhigh":244ydkdr said:
My gun is a GI, not s MilSpec ... I've never seen an LCI on my gun, so if it's there I guess it doesn't bother me ....

REV

Read the quote from the SA 1911 owners manual I posted. The GI does not have a LCI, all other models do.

Posting quote from the SA 1911 owners manual again

Springfield pistols sold after January, 2001 have a
loaded chamber indicator.
(See Figure 12.) The barrel
slot allows you to observe whether a shell is in the
chamber. When a shell is in the chamber the brass
case can be seen clearly. GI .45s do not have this
feature

Charlie

revhigh

Hawkeye
That makes sense, I never saw one. I'll need to inspect one to see if I think it's intrusive ... the problem is that I reallly like the Loaded Target 9MM.

Now it looks like I'm compromising on TWO things if I buy it .... The LCI and the Front slide serrations. Not sure if I'll do that.

REV

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Here is a pic of the horrid aforementioned LCI.

DSCN0071.jpg

It is that little slot at the end of the chamber, I can barely stand the look of it.

Make it go away, Mommy! :D

revhigh

Hawkeye
That;s not bad ... at least it's not like those stupid inch long slots that have a big lever sticking out of it. Can you see the round down in there ?

Weld it up & grind it down. :D

REV

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
revhigh":242x8g9u said:
My gun is a GI, not s MilSpec ... I've never seen an LCI on my gun, so if it's there I guess it doesn't bother me ....

REV

My mistake :oops: I thought your budget shooter was a Mil Spec

revhigh":242x8g9u said:
That;s not bad ... at least it's not like those stupid inch long slots that have a big lever sticking out of it.

You mean like the lever on top of SR9s with the little red cartridge on it? :wink:

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ":3g27isw7 said:
You mean like the lever on top of SR9s with the little red cartridge on it? :wink:

Yeah ... like that .... yuck ... LOL

THAT would be a deal breaker.

REV