do not click on "there is a virus in the lounge" m

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mattsbox99

Hunter
You download all kinds of things when you click on any link. This forum uses offsite hosting for avatars, and you could cripple the whole place if you made your avatar link with a virus. Pretty easy to do.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Discussion in the mod room indicates that Google Chrome is likely the problem, not our site. Chrome may be looking at all the links on all the pages, finding one that is "questionable", and raising all sorts of alarms. I don't know for sure. I do know I've been reading this forum as usual for weeks using Firefox, on two different computers, and I'm not having any problems.

-- Sam

cas6969

Buckeye
I would stick my neck out and say, knowing Google, Google Chrome is as much a virus/spyware as anything you'd download. Like AOL software, you probably don't want it in your computer.

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
cas":3u8ra9dc said:
I would stick my neck out and say, knowing Google, Google Chrome is as much a virus/spyware as anything you'd download. Like AOL software, you probably don't want it in your computer.

You are incorrect.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
I suppose it depends on your definition of "spyware".

Google Chrome does indeed send back all sorts of information to the mother ship about your browsing habits, as well as silently downloading updates to itself. Google's business model depends on collecting data from its users.

-- Sam

tek4260

Buckeye
Sorry I threw up a red flag. I was using Chrome and it popped up as malware. I was trying to warn those who didn't have any type of protection on their machines. I looked at the posts on IE and had no issues. Sorry again