Did Ruger ever make a No. 1 B with a steel buttplate?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

257heaven

Single-Sixer
Seller says it's original. I don't think it is. Looks like if the tape was started in the right place, LOP would be 13" or maybe less? Not sure.

thumbnail

thumbnail

Rocdoc

Buckeye
FAR from expert, I would say no steel buttplates factory #1, based on my limited knowledge.

Hi No Way No How Never as far as I remember LOP would be 13 1/4 -13 1/2 depending on the vintage different years different rubber pads and they all had the Ruger logo on the pads

Gramps

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
NO; but, remember, we never say never when talking about what Ruger may have done with No.1's. I would be interested in the answer if you asked the seller just WHY he thinks it is original, or HOW he knows it is original? Maybe Len Brownell installed it for a good friend back in Sheridan, WY. back in the day.
CLN

257heaven

Single-Sixer
Thanks guys. Seller said it was original at first, then said it was his dad's gun and he wants to sell it. I'm trying to get a more accurate LOP measurement to see what I'd have to work with.

RSIno1

Hunter
GRAMPS 51 said:
depending on the vintage different years different rubber pads and they all had the Ruger logo on the pads
Except the textured Pachmayer supplied ones that had the word Ruger on them.

chet15

Hawkeye
El Numero Uno....
Don't have a picture handy...what buttplates did the two Creedmoor rifles have on them? Those might be the only exceptions.
Chet15

Latest posts