Deer are really active this week in north MO

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lots of activity early in the evenings and well beyond first light in the mornings. Lots of crops harvested which makes visibility better but bucks have started chasing does and does are using the open areas to keep the bucks at distance. Big boys are hanging back but smaller bucks are out in force.

contender

Ruger Guru
We are seeing an increase in our activity as well. It's pre-rut for sure.

Those big boys know the does aren't having anything to do with the little guys yet,, so they can afford to hang back. But let a doe get ready,, and the big boys will whup up on them little guys. :D

Last evening, I saw one of the 'big boys' that were seen a month ago. Caught him in the open and got stopped in time to put the bino's on him. Looks like he's a 10 point wider than his ears with 8"+ tines. Big body, too. I'd shoot him first morning if given the chance.
Half mile away, I noticed the out-of-state 'trophy hunter' has shown up. He'd parked his UTV in plain sight and the buck was headed in the opposite direction. OOPS

Yeah… same here in Georgia…
IMG_1768.jpeg

contender

Ruger Guru
I just pulled camera cards from around my property this afternoon,, and checked them. I have bucks ranging from spikes, to a 9 pt in my pictures. Several pictures of the same deer often too. Caught some pics of a few sparring session between a few different pairs. And looking at the surrounding ground,, a few of the matches were pretty good!

I put out 4 more cameras today as well.

Latest posts