Dad's Ruger Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CJW

Bearcat
My dad lent me his Single Six (1957 I think, haven't mailed Ruger yet) so that it would get some use rather than sitting in a closet.

I can remember being taught how to shoot with this gun. I remember being overwhelmed at the difference between a .22 LR and .22 WMR when I was just a kid and I always loved the grips.

Ejecting and reloading isn't all that fun, but, but the satisfying feel and sound of the clicks when cocking the hammer makes up for that. I'd have to recommend everyone fire this gun at least once, if not own it.

RSS.jpg

CJW

Bearcat
He had them done I believe. I asked long ago and I think he got them done while serving in Vietnam for something crazy like $20 or $30 and that included the mother of pearl inlay.

M'BOGO

Buckeye
That is very cool, gotta love a Single Six with personal history. The fact that your father had the grips done overseas, is really cool too. Gotta admit it is a great package, with some lust factor.

eveled

Hawkeye
great revolver. I really like the grips. Oak leaves are really classic.

For clarity. Are you saying he had that gun with him when he was in Vietnam? I just can't picture a GI over there with a 22 cowboy six shooter! Ed