CorBon 9mm 125gr +P JHP - Update

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Anybody shoot this stuff? Picked up a couple boxes at the BX this morning - last 2 of any 9mm on the shelf so figured I better get it while the gettin' was good. $16.99/20rnd. I've never shot it before, but I've been told it's very spicy (1250fps). Will it cause any problems in an SR-9? I have a 20lb recoil spring in the gun (factory spring is 18 lbs).

loaded round

Hunter
I've used this same CorBon load before and had no trouble in either my Browning HP or my Sig P226. The load is very snappy, but it fed and ejected properly (actually rather forcefully). I would give the CarBon load a run in your pistol, and if it passes the function test, reserve it for defensive use. It's on the expensive side for plinking.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
loaded round said:
I've used this same CorBon load before and had no trouble in either my Browning HP or my Sig P226. The load is very snappy, but it fed and ejected properly (actually rather forcefully). I would give the CarBon load a run in your pistol, and if it passes the function test, reserve it for defensive use. It's on the expensive side for plinking.

That's the plan. I've got quite bit of other SD ammo in several calibers, but given the potential for zombies in the coming days one can never have too much :wink: . Cost isn't really an issue for me.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Getting better with the Sig & XS Big Dots. Tried out a mag of Corbon this morning. I'd expected a heavier recoil in this little gun given the numbers and what I'd heard about CorBon loading hot, but it didn't feel any different than the other ammo I've put thru it (115 fmj, 135 Hornady, and 124 Sig 365). No functional issues at all so I'll probably pick up some more next week.

So color me reasonably satisfied.

Target from 7 yds, no support, 10+1 loaded. The fliers were me.

yQrnntz.jpg

mikld

Blackhawk
IIRC; CorBon ammo was used by many police departments as their issue ammo. Very consistent and powerful ammo...

tinman

Buckeye
Back in the day, Corbon was at (or very near) the top of the list for Duty Ammo choices.