Color Case Hardened Single-Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Juss got this one finished up. When I got the color cased frame back and started to put the barrel in I could not help but think about Gunslinger Hank and how he loved the short barreled Single-Sixes. I think he would approve of this one. RIP Hank. Here ya go.

Now all you have to do is swap out the grip frame and grips for a brass birds head with ivories and you have Hanks favorite "22 shortie" as he liked to call it! Miss the phone calls and visits with him and Susie. I would send some ivory down to Hank and Susie would send me the nicest noted back along with the check claiming to thank me because now she got another piece of jewelry!

street

Hunter
Now that's a gun that Ruger should have made. Very nice, and as nice as that gun looks those grips belong on it. :D

HAWKEYE#28 said:
Very very 8) :wink: nice! Tell us about the caps on the prop sticks, please
Splitz - These are cabinet knobs I ordered special (with the SR Logo and the ones with the Black Eagles) from a provider off Ebay. If you search Ruger cabinet knobs you will see the ones that they are currently selling (with the new logo) ( I very much dislike the new logo). I've had these for several years and use them on a bunch of stuff.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-Cabinet-Knobs-Ruger-Gun-Logo-Cabinet-Knobs-Ruger-Logo-Gun-Storage-Knobs-/191762795322?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=SrA9296QqoBtXDT%252BNkw4C4%252FGqh0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

tommygun

Single-Sixer
Since my chances of owning one of the eight color case hardened .357 flattops are slim and none, I have given consideration to having one done. Sure are Purdy!!!

bedrockfred said:
Prettiest set of stag grips I've ever seen! Nice looking ruger too! ---bedrockfred
Thank you all for the comments. I really like the way this single-six turned out. Yes, bedrockfred I like the grips too. By far one of the priciest pair of stags I've purchased so far. But, how often do you see them like this? Thanks again to all.