Casting for the Security Six.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

thumbs

Single-Sixer
You guys that cast for the Security Six. What size mold are you using. Can I use either a .357 or .358? I was thinking about getting a Lee mold.

thanks

Enigma

Hunter
I cast and shot a whole bunch of Lee 358-158-GC SWCs through the ones I had. They also digest the Lyman 358429 (nominal 168-ish grains, designed by Elmer Keith) quite well.

thumbs

Single-Sixer
Hey thanks guys.

I've been looking into this casting stuff. I cast for BP but that's pure lead. I found a source for wheel weights so I thought I may try casting for center fire. I am looking at the Lee Lee Precision 6 Cavity Block .358 Diameter 90295 mold. Have you guys used it or know anything about it? I was told these bullets do not have to be size and can be tumble lubed. For me that would be perfect. Know anything about them?

thanks

Enigma

Hunter
I've never used any tumble lube bullets myself, but a lot of guys seem to like them. Be certain to do your due diligence when you receive your wheel weights. In many areas the lead ones are all but gone; they've been replaced by zinc and iron weights. Be certain to check out the Cast Boolits Forum: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/index.php

thumbs

Single-Sixer
Be certain to do your due diligence when you receive your wheel weights. In many areas the lead ones are all but gone; they've been replaced by zinc and iron weights. Be certain to check out the Cast Boolits Forum: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/index.php[/quote]

Yeah your right. I was picking today a bit and ran into more Zink and Iron than normal. Unless I am certain as to what it is I always give them a side cutter test. Ran into a target rich environment this afternoon.

Latest posts