Case cleanning

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
I use a "Thumbler's Tumbler" myself. I got my first 2 at an auction. Any good sealable container type will work. Frankford Arsenal makes one that looks good.

recumbent

Buckeye
2 Years ago my old Lyman vib. turbo tumbler finally gave up and died.
I bought the large Harbor Freight vib. tumbler. First thing I did was loctite all the screws on the tumbler.
It will do both dry and wet media. I just use crushed walnut shells.
It works real good.

About 3 years ago I bought an "Extreme Tumbler" I think they are made by Thumblers Tumblers. It's very well built and cleans brass like a charm. It uses stainless pins and with some of that lemme shine, you have "brand new" brass in about 3 hours.

32shooter

Blackhawk
I have the Frankford tumbler, works well and it has been getting a workout the last few weeks with being locked up in the house. Also have one of their deprimers. Deprime them before you clean and the primer pockets are also clean.

Deprime them before you clean and the primer pockets are also clean.

I know this is a big debate. I deprime before cleaning as well. I've found it much easier to seat primers in clean primer pockets. Plus it's less mess. I take a deprimer with me to the range, and as I shoot, deprime cases outside.

I know everyone has their own system, and I'm sure there are better ways than mine. But it works.

And yeah, being home, I've got a lot more time to clean literally everything. My reloading bench is more organized, all empty cases are clean and stuff put back where it's suppose to go!

32shooter

Blackhawk
I get a can full of brass, sit in the recliner, turn on my music and deprime. Then I just resize them as time permits and then I am ready to run them through the hand primer. I can also prime them while sitting in the recliner. :D :D

32shooter

Blackhawk
powder smoke said:
Friend of mine does the wet tumbler with stainless pins brass looks
brand spanking new nice ans shiny. When my old horse dies that is the route I'm going!
I didn't wait for mine to die, I gave mine to one of my Boys when I saw how well the wet tumbler works.

K. Funk

Single-Sixer
I just use water, a few squirts of Simple Green and an old trick I learned years ago, a teaspoon of phosphoric acid. Not critical that you have the acid. The cases rolling over themselves make them shine like new. You can get food grade phosphoric acid on Ebay. I wouldn't say its really quiet, there brass rolling around in it, but certainly no worse than a vibratory.

krf

Latest posts