SOLD Bowen Built OM .45 Colt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bushog

Single-Sixer
Sold Pending funds...

Another here for sale is my Bowen built .45 Colt. This revolver is built on an old Model .44 flat top that has had the full conversion package to .45 Colt. 4 5'8" barrel, custom front sight, case colored hammer and frame, locking base pin, alloy grip frame refinished and a trigger tune. It wears some polymer grips that when it's all said and done are actually quite nice. Prettty straightforward build by the best. Base guns for builds like this are approaching $1K now and with all the work is a great deal at $2800 shipped to your FFL in the Continental US. If you live in Alaska or Hawaii it will cost you for shipping. Contact me for more info. First "I'll take it" gets it. Please be sure your FFL will accept a gun from a non FFL holder. Money order preferred but a personal check from well established members here will be considered. Contact me for additional options. Here's a chance to own a really special gun from one of the best..... Please ask questions, thanks for looking.

IMG_3509.jpeg

IMG_3508.jpeg

IMG_3510.jpeg

Last edited:
I know that many on this forum love their Ruger just as they came out of the box. Shoot, Hamilton Bowen himself has stated that if it were not for Bill Ruger's guns, the custom revolver world would be almost non existent. That said, if you have EVER had an inkling of an itch for a custom revolver, meaning one you could not order directly from Rugers catalog, you need to remember that we are in the twilight years of the best custom revolver smiths that have ever lived. By twilight I mean the dozen or so guys that do work like this is rapidly shrinking due to retirements like David Clements and Jim Stroh's and final passing of guys like John Gallagher, Bob Baer, Bill Grover, Eddie Janis and John Linebaugh. If you have had an inkling or interest in one of these gentlemen's creations you better get on the wagon while you still can . One like this one and the Clements 38 Special the seller has listed will soon be next to impossible to order and hard to find on the secondary market. I have no dog in this fight but as a custom revolver junkie for many years I can say that both these guns are priced very reasonably and could never be replaced for these prices.

Latest posts